[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues

djDecks

It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:39 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:05 pm 
Elite

I've just treated myself to a DAC-3 and have been happily playing with it since I got woken up by the builders this morning at 8 am :shock: :evil: (Got back from the club about 5am and I'm working again tonight!! Oh yes, and the builders are here again tomorrow :evil: :evil: )
Anyhoo...
I understand that DAC-3 support is a relatively recent addition to djD so thought I'd start a thread for DAC-3 users to post and share their experiences. I know Bruce Allen has done one for DAC-2: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4404.

As the support currently stands I think the DAC-3 is useable for gigs and I'll start using it after this weekend and after I've managed to rack up a few hours in the house with it this week.
How about a list of known bugs/issues? I'll do a short list below and feel free to add to it or offer solutions that you've already found :D

1. Wait list button does not appear to do anything. Could this be mapped to jump between the library/browser/playlist windows, depending on how you have the playlist area setup?
2. R button does not function on left deck only - works fine on right deck as the reverse play function EDIT: sorted - see below
3. Cue point position buttons work great but does anyone use 10 cue points? Could, say, 1-5 be cue points and 6-10 be loop lengths or hot starts for the sampler? EDIT: Or: what about using 9 and 10 as multiply/divide length of loop with a default loop length set at 8 beats or user defineable in Options>General? Then 1-4 could be cue points and 5-8 could be sampler hot starts?
3. Could the in/out loop buttons function as they do on a CDJ1000 where by once the loop is set you can adjust the start/end point of the loop when you press the loop in/out button again? This could be done using the jog wheel? Maybe adjusting the start/end point but at the same time maintaining the size of the loop i.e. number of beats in the loop?
4. Can the reloop button function to jump to the last used loop as it would on the cdj1000?
5. Record case button does not appear to do anything. If we can get the waitlist working as mentioned above could this button be used to open the case button at the bottom of the playlist? Then the up and down buttons could be used to scroll up and down the case list and maybe by pressing the record case button again we could select the case.
6. The shift button has potential. Could it be mapped to hold down shift and spin the jog wheel to scratch while a song is playing?
7. Also with the shift button, if you choose to use the sliders as volume control, could shift combined with a slider movement be used to control pitch? EDIT: sorted see below

Well, I think that's a big enough list to get us started!!

Any support/ideas/comments much appreciated :D :D

Last edited by Tintin on Tue May 06, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:23 pm 
Elite

Got mine off eBay (only been use for a mates wedding and to be honest looks brand new :D ) BTW and didn't come with a manual. Here's the link to the manual if you need it:

http://www.pcdj.com/Manuals/DAC3Manual.pdf

It kind of solves 7. in the post above and I'm sure when I read the rest of it more news will follow.

FYI: holding down shift and pressing MT switches the pitch-slider to volume slider. Volume will only be changed after passing current volume level with slider. It also says in the manual that the MT LED should blink but it doesn't in djD - doesn't bother me particularly. :D

One down, six to go!

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:39 pm 
Elite

Adion, is it possible to use the existing midi settings for this unit as a starting point to adding the other functions I would like through midi learn? If so, where do I find these existing settings?

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:43 pm 
Elite

2. can come off the list as well. I just wasn't pressing the button firmly enough!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

So, two down five to go!

The priority for me would be the folder/track navigation to free me from the keyboard.

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:20 am 
djDecks

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:45 am 
Elite

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:42 pm 
Elite

Hi Adion, had much more fun playing out with my DAC-3 last weekend!

One strange bit of behaviour is when I press SHIFT + UP/DOWN this moves up and down the waitlist/playlist/case window. This is what I want to do, but the problem is that after pressing SHIFT + UP/DOWN the track highlighting (i.e. selection) keeps moving up or down until it reaches either the top or bottom of the list. I can only guess that there should be some different midi message interpretastion to make this only move one at a time rather than continuously. Can this be fixed?

However, one feature not listed in http://djdecks.be/index.php?module=docs ... djdac3.php is SHIFT + LOAD will load the currently selected track in the waitlist/playlist/case window :D :D

I'd still like some way of changing between waitlist/playlist/case if you have any further thoughts?

Thanks again,
Martin :D :D

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:45 pm 
djDecks

I think the behavior you describe might occur when you release SHIFT before releasing the up or down buttons.

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:02 pm 
Elite

3 minute to respond?! You're slacking :wink:

It doesn't matter whether I release SHIFT or UP/DOWN first, I still get the same result. :(

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:00 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:12 pm 
Elite

In the latest beta, flanger is now available for use with the DAC-3 FX button. However, the default length when pressing the FX button on the controller is 4. I'd like to change this to 2. Is there a way of doing this? :D

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:59 pm 
Elite

Just a bit of housekeeping with the list:

1. I now understand what the Wait list button does.
2. Sorted - just me being a muppet :roll:
3. Would still like the sampler hot starts but not that bothered. They're dead space for me at the moment.
3. Still think this is a good idea
4. Fixed in latest beta :D
5. Still think there is potential here.
6. Still think this is a good idea as you can scroll up and down the playlists with the up/down buttons already. not in a hurry for this tho :)
7. Still think this could work in relative mode.

Very happy with the progress and enjoying using the DAC-3. Would sill like the option to change defaulf Flanger settings if possible.

Thanks Adion!

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:56 pm 
Elite

Adion, would it be possible to have an option in the MIDI controller config dialog box to disable the 'AUTO' and 'MIX NOW' buttons? Maybe a 'DISABLE AUTOMIX CONTROL' check box?

I know some people will use these features extensively, but on a few occasions I've accidently hit the 'MIX NOW' button instead of the 'LOAD' button for the right deck, and also I've hit the 'AUTO' button instead of the 'RELOOP' button. Evidently, this has produced some rather embarassing results!! If we had an option to disable these buttons, then those who are as ham fisted as me will not make these patently stooopid errors. :D

Surely another DAC-3 user must have had the same experience

No? Just me again? :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Everything else is running really well. Would still like the facility to adjust the default Flanger settings as per my post above, but I can easily live without that for the moment. My ideal default setting would be 50% depth and a length of 2. :D

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:45 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:27 am 
Elite

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:52 am 
Elite

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:10 am 
Elite

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:09 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:17 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: PCDJ DAC-3 support/issues PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:02 pm 
Regular