[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - Digi 003 rack and djDecks

djDecks

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:38 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm 

I currently DJ with standard vinyl and tables, and record my sets with a digi 003 rack, into ProTools LE 7.4 (thinking of upgrading to 8). I use either a MacPro with quad core Intel 2.66 GHz, 8 GHz RAM, running Leo but can dual boot to XP sp3.

I am interested in switching to the time code vinyl world and was wondering if djDecks can use my 003 for the audio interface? Also, if I am able to use this, what sort of latency can I expect?

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:11 pm 
djDecks

djDecks supports ASIO, and according to the digidesign ASIO drivers support the 003, so it should work fine together.

I don't know what latency this hardware and driver can achieve, but since it's professional equipment it could be very good (around 2 ms)

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:14 pm 

I have installed the demo version djDeck on my XP pro sp3 system, and I can successfully choose the digi 003 as the hardware device. The 003 gives me up to 18 channels of ins and 18 channels of outs.
I am, however, having difficulties in choosing the correct ASIO channels for my Input settings. The options I am given via the dropdown box are 0/1, 2/3, 4/5, etc.
I can select the outputs 0/1 for my ASIO Outputs 1 and 2/3 for ASIO Outputs 2
and I can hear the audio playing just fine.

For the Output Mode setting I have chosen "5 - Master: Output 1; Headphones: Output 2".

When I choose Line In for Player 1 or Player 2, all I hear is static, even with nothing connected to the physical input ports. This is true for inputs 0/1 - 6/7. I hear nothing on any of the other inputs. I am pretty sure that this is some sorf of configuration error, be cause I have been able to use the ASIO driver with other software products.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:54 pm 

I believe that I have discovered the problem.
When djDecks is using the ASIO driver for the digi 003, the inputs are mapped as 0/1, 2/3, 4/5 stc...
The actual inputs that I am trying to use are 1/2, and 3/4.
I'm not really sure how there is a 0 involved for a channel in an ASIO device.

When I use the same device with a product such as Virtual DJ the channels show up correctly as 1/2, and 3/4. From what I can tell by looking at the two products, I would much rather use djDecks than VDJ.

Is it possible to correct this in an ini file or something of that nature? Somehow manually set the channels that are used as inputs and outputs?

Please help, I'm ready to make the plunge and purchase a software package and start into the world of timecode vinyl software DJing.

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:00 pm 
djDecks

For historical reasons djDecks starts counting the channels from 0, while other software usually starts counting from 1.
0/1 in djDecks still refers to the same channels as 1/2 in the other programs.

Could you post the driver info, as shown below the output mode?
(Something like ASIO Rate: 44100Hz, 4 outputs, 4 inputs, O:18 I:18, 10ms latency)

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:40 pm 

Here are my settings in djDecks:
ASIO Rate: 44100Hz, 18 outputs, 18 inputs, O:17 I:17, 10ms latency

Also, is there a way to record my DJ sets on a 3rd in?

Last edited by Methose on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:04 pm 
djDecks

Thanks, format 17 is not very common, and I don't personally have any hardware that uses this, so I can't test it myself.
It does appear that there could indeed have been a bug in the code that handles the input in this format.
If you could try extracting following zip to the djDecks folder and try if it works with this version that would be great.
http://djdecks.be/djdecks/djDecksTest.zip

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 pm 

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:00 am 

I tried the new .dll, both with and without the RIAA setting turned on, and when calibrating with the Auto Calibration button, I receive the error :
Warning Deck 1 : There might be a problem with the left input channel!, check wires and/or needle.
Two times, for both deck1 and deck2.

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:34 pm 
djDecks

But does the Line Input option work better now, or do you still only hear noise?

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:53 pm 

Unfortunately, I still hear noise.
I would be glad to test anything that you need; I'm very comfortable with troubleshooting and testing. I would much rather use djDecks than all the alternatives that I have seen :)

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:58 pm 
djDecks

Ok, something that I don't see you mentioned yet is if loading a song and pressing play inside djDecks works correctly, or if you hear noise even then.

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:38 pm 

I am able to load tracks and correctly listen to them, and it sounds just fine (no noise).

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:58 pm 
djDecks

Sorry for the very late reply, but I just found what was very likely the problem with 24-bit inputs.
There's a new beta online which should fix this and work correctly with your sound card.

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:03 pm 

Thanks!
I'll download this and hopefully give it a try tonight.

EDIT: I see that DX has been updated Feb 15th, but is still version V.99 and I don't see that the change log was updated. Are the betas posted somewhere other than the Download page?

Post subject: Re: Digi 003 rack and djDecks PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:17 pm 
djDecks

The change log for the DX builds can be found
The download is updated by date, but currently the version number is still 0.99 (you can check Menu->Options->Support to see the build date of the version you're running though)