djDecks

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:02 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Advices about the EKS Xp5 and the Korg NanoPad PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:03 pm 
Regular

Now that the flight case issue is "solved" i'm considering buying these two devices.

The eks -> in order to mix without my TT ( for instance NOW... i couldn't bring them to Corsica where i work till september ... )
So i'd like to control 2 decks, apparently this is possible even without my esi u46,
but i wonder if the buttons and the pitch slider are stong enough (even if i can replace them easily ... ), so i could mix with just my eks and my djm ( and of course dj decks with the new auto bpm function which works very well for a first try )

Then i'd like to buy a korg nanoPAD (before september) in order to use it with my TT and place CUE REC and CUE buttons, but i'm also wondering if the buttons are stong enough, and if the usb connection won't "distrub" my soundcard ( i have my esi and an external HD connected through USB... )

Well here it is, now you know the truth ! SPACE INVADERS ARE BACK ! ( .... sorry but joachim garraud was here yesterday ... )

anyway if you have any advice about these two devices i'll be gald to hear them !

Post subject: Re: Advices about the EKS Xp5 and the Korg NanoPad PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:00 pm 
djDecks

I'm actually not too thrilled about the XP5 buttons.
I don't think you have to worry about them breaking, but they do seem to require a lot of pressure before being pressed.
While it is something you can probably get used too, it does make it more difficult to press them at just the right time (at least for me)

I'm not too sure what other controller to recommend though.
I think I'd personally prefer the Vestax VCM-100, but that is of course a lot more expensive (if you don't need jog wheels it can replace 2 XP5's and your sound card though)
The BCD-3000 is also a possibility, but I have no idea how the drivers currently are (the bcd-2000's drivers were pretty bad if you wanted to use it's soundcard functions too), and maybe it's a bit large for what you are looking for.
The Numark Total Control is also ok, although the faders did feel a little cheap.

Post subject: Re: Advices about the EKS Xp5 and the Korg NanoPad PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:25 pm 
Regular

in fact i do want jog wheels :/ i "feel better" finding my cue point with it than with my mouse :/

i don't want to buy a bcd (2k or 3k) because of the drivers :/ these are really goods controllers but the drivers reminds me the firsts ESI U46 Drivers ( not stable, crappy ... )

and the numark total control looks like an old hercules to me.

The eks seemed perfect because it only has what i need for "mobile" personnal mixing, a jog a pitch, some buttons and the possibility to switch decks !, i'd only need my laptop, my mixer and the eks ! so that would be my very "light" setup

Post subject: Re: Advices about the EKS Xp5 and the Korg NanoPad PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:36 am 
Elite

A Denon HC-4500 will fit nicely above your DJM-3000 in a flight case ;) It's reliable, stable and robust, and the integration with djDecks is near enough perfect. I actually feel my mixing has improved since I got the HC-4500. Bearing in mind I'd been DJing for nearly 10 years (vinyl, CD, MiniDisc, back to CD :lol: , then laptop) before I got one, I think that says a lot. There's also such a good range of buttons that I doubt you'll need the NanoPad, unless you're really going for something incredibly technical.

My 2 cents anyway...

Post subject: Re: Advices about the EKS Xp5 and the Korg NanoPad PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:36 pm 
Regular

I use 2 Eks XP5 with djdecks.
Adion is right, the buttons require more pressure because they're quite hard.
But these are (in my opinion) two professional controller, you just have to find the right feeling.
I'm happy about my choice.
Also the Denon is a good product, if you can, try to find a dealer who have the two products to try

Post subject: Re: Advices about the EKS Xp5 and the Korg NanoPad PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:58 pm 
Regular

the denon is indeed really nice, but i'm not looking for a new setup because i'm totally happy with djdecks VC, i only want to be able to mix a little everywhere,

and i saw a second hand xp5 @100€ (142$) shipping included
so i was considering giving it a try

Post subject: Re: Advices about the EKS Xp5 and the Korg NanoPad PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:06 pm 
Regular

i'm having troubles ordering my eks on the website, but i saw that DjDecks is "promoted" on the main page ( but not on the EKS XP compatibility page even if there is a link to pcdj .. )

check this out !

http://eks.fi/index.php?p=home

Nice Adion !

Post subject: Re: Advices about the EKS Xp5 and the Korg NanoPad PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:27 pm 
Regular

That's it ! i ordered my flight case and my nanoPAD yesterday ! i will post photos as soon as possible !!

Post subject: Re: Advices about the EKS Xp5 and the Korg NanoPad PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:21 pm 
Regular

Taddaaaaaaa

Edit : sorry for the quality of the picture :mrgreen: