djDecks

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:17 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Begginer equipment for music production PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:36 am 

HI, im kinda new to producing music, done some mashups etc but never got round to making beats and melodies etc.

first, this is the equipment i have: m audio keytation 49 key, vestax spin (dont really think this will be useful for production) a macbook, a big roland drum kit (Roland TD-12KX) and ableton 7. I am planning to upgrade ableton 7 to 8 suite and i am also thinking about gettin the Akai APC 40. Do you think this is all i need to produce some music as a hobby (not professionally obviously). for example, id like to sample tracks etc but does that mean i need to get a sampler or can i just use ableton (to be honest i dont really no what sampling is, it just sounds fun)

secondly,ive read a lot about audio interfaces and was wondering whether they r strictly neccesary. i may plan to connect my roland electric drum kit to my computer in which case it would most likely be useful, but other than that, is it really that beneficial

finally, ive also heard that monitors r essential. i have senheisser and bose earphones, some bose and linn speakers and my car has pionner speakers and a 3000 watt subwoofer. so do u think i really need monitors or do u think i could just use one of those to produce music (if so which one). Bare in mind, im not a pro and i doubt ill be paying insane attention to every detail unless ive made a badass song.

thanks for any help u guys can give me. and if ive said anything really stupid, dont get a boner over it, im still learning.