djDecks

It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 9:29 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: xone 4d - compatible and easy to map with DJD? PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:55 pm 
Regular

Please advise me!
Thinking about Xone 4D that is available super cheap to me and I want to know if it will be possible to use with DJDecks.

thanks

Serato Scratch Vinyl + 2 x Technics 1200s

Post subject: Re: xone 4d - compatible and easy to map with DJD? PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:10 pm 
djDecks

There is a mapping available for the 2d which can probably be modified to be used for the 4d. (it might even already work without modification for the deck part)
I don't think it will be very difficult to map yourself either, since there aren't any special controls on it I think.

Post subject: Re: xone 4d - compatible and easy to map with DJD? PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:18 pm 
Regular

How easily will the sound card integrate/configure with DJDecks.. will I need AISO drivers for windows? Will it be supported with the Mac version?
I'd like to be able to use all 4 channels of DJDecks (possibly) and also use it as an external stand-alone mixer for CDJs and other inputs.
Feasible?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: xone 4d - compatible and easy to map with DJD? PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:27 pm 
djDecks

For windows you need to install an ASIO driver, I can't remember exactly for Mac anymore, I think you had to install a driver there too.

From the screenshots it looks like it won't be a problem to do what you want. You can select for each channel if the sound comes from the sound card, or from a phono/line input.

Post subject: Re: xone 4d - compatible and easy to map with DJD? PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:25 am 
Elite

There are indeed drivers for the Mac as well:

http://www.allen-heath.com/xone/softwar ... ?sid=21220

I'd expect it should just show up as an available set of inputs and outputs once that's installed. I'll admit I've not read any of the 4D documentation, but Core Audio is typically pretty simple.

Digidesign Mbox 2 Pro / MOTU 828 mkII

Post subject: Re: xone 4d - compatible and easy to map with DJD? PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:44 pm 
Regular

Looking closer at this device, I have noticed that the midi 'pods' on the sides are midi mappable (obviously) but the mixer in the middle is analog only. How might this work for recording out of DJdecks? Can one assign the mix out on the mixer to the soundcard for recording?
Would seem silly to have to record on an external device- especially with all the ins/outs on this thing.

I see that each of the 4 channels can be assigned to external input, soundcard input and FX etc. Similar to the Rane mixer with the internal soundcard.

What are your thoughts?
As far as a stand-alone mixer (without being plugged in to laptop) + a killer flexible controller for DJD and Ableton, AND the amazing price I can pick this one up for, do you see / know of any other competitive products?

Thanks!
rowan

Post subject: Re: xone 4d - compatible and easy to map with DJD? PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:31 am 
Elite

The only reason I can think of not to get a 4D is the price. If you've got that covered, I can't imagine being upset with it. That's just my opinion, but I love the Xone line.

Digidesign Mbox 2 Pro / MOTU 828 mkII