[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - how do i record my external mixer within djdecks

djDecks

It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:17 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: how do i record my external mixer within djdecks PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:47 pm 
Hey , I'm using an external mixer so I can mix my mp3s with my vinyls and its master output is running back into my soundcard.
Question is : is it possible to record that master output only within djdecks with 2 djdecks mp3 players running at the same time?

Another thing : a little bug for you to fix : in the latest version (064 build 2209) when i enable the serial mixer option in options/general i get runtime error 339 : component io.scx or one of its dependancies not correctly registered : a file is missing or invalid

Couldn't find what this option is about in the online documentation so I don't know :)

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:46 pm 
djDecks

You can only record a mix in djDecks when it is mixed by djDecks at the moment (2 soundcards mode, or ASIO with master and headphones output)
I don't have plans to add this option very soon (maybe later).
I suggest that you use some other program to record from the line-in.

A good freeware program that can record directly to mp3 as well is LameR, which is a front-end for the lame mp3 encoder.
It can be found here: http://www.1oo-percent.de/lamer/

I thought I made a check to disable the serial mixer, but it seems I haven't yet. I'll do that for the next release.
It's for a small project that I am working on with external faders and knobs to control djDecks through the serial port.
Here's a picture of how it currently looks :)
http://users.esstec.be/adion/foto/dj/Al ... lMixer.JPG

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:23 pm 
Well I have trouble recording with an external application when using asio drivers and djdecks...I just get some digital noise.
That is the case in traktor dj also and most of the apps - they can't release the asio drivers to external applications.
I feel that a lot of the sense of using an mp3 mixing software with a external mixer is lost...

I was thinking of a workaround....might be too complicated , but why not add a 3rd input option and make the 2 decks outputs independant of the crossfader's posion when in external mixer mode? This way the decks will still play and I can record the master output using the 3 deck line in.

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:30 pm 
djDecks

Interesting thoughts.
I didn't know that it was not possible to record while an ASIO app is open.

I'll try to think of someway to add this functionality easy in djDecks.
Maybe it's not that hard if I limit it to ASIO only.
I will let you know if it works.

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:35 pm 
djDecks

ok, there's a new feature in the latest version that allows you to record your set from another input.

Here's how to do it:
Your outputdriver must be set to an ASIO driver.
Your outputmode must be 4 - Player1: Output 1; Player2: Output 2
Now go to the recorder tab on the main window.
Press the new button, specify where you want to store your mix and in what format.
Now a dialog will appear asking you from which channels you want to record.
Specify the channels you wish to record from.
If your turntables are connected to 0/1 and 2/3, then you would probably use 4/5 to connect the output of the mixer to, so you would enter 4/5 in the input box.

After that, just press the record button to start recording, and the stop button to stop.
I haven't really tested this myself, but it should work.

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:13 pm 
Great job man , this software is really heading somewhere with the kind of developer it has ;)
I'll test it first thing tomorrow and let you know;)

Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:33 pm 
Hey ,
I couldn't get it to work from 20 or 30 attempts.
I get a whole bunch of crashes when recording to .mp3 or to .wav and i just get silence recorded when i do a .ogg file. I used the same input in the line in of one of the decks and it was ok.
Anyway I seem to have some trouble with recording - I tried it in the simplest setup - with only one master output 1 and I only get silence when I record ,no matter of the format, no crashes this time.
Dunno , maybe I'm doing something wrong...
Some more work for you...;)

Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:25 pm 
djDecks

Mh, well, it was done rather fast,so I'll have a better look at it.
The external recording is only supposed to work in output mode 4 (when you get a dialog box asking for the channels)
And I think it might be possible that at least one song has to be loaded before you start the recording.

Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:05 pm 
djDecks