[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - Intel Mac version progress

djDecks

It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 10:41 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Desperately anticipating a mac version of DjDecks?
Yes! I'll have to buy another DJ software to run on OS X. 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Yes, I'm not using DjDecks as much anymore due to using OS X. 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
It would be nice, but I'm ok using Bootcamp/Parallels for running DjDecks in Windows on my mac. 20%  20%  [ 4 ]
No, I'm not one of those mac-suckers and I'll stick to a Windoze PC. 45%  45%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:09 pm 

Hi Adion and all,
hate to bug you about the Intel mac progress Adion, but I'd like to hear something about that.

I've been a long time DjDecks user (2,5 years) and I DJ and produce music for work. After a long lasting use of PC's I switched to a Mac last June.

Ableton Live of course works great on a macbook pro, but DjDecks doesn't, and I've been mostly playing just vinyl after buying the mac. I find using boot camp a bit annoying (I haven't shared os x files so they don't show up on My computer, I like to buy songs of Itunes on os x, and play the best tracks out).

Last week I bought Ms. Pinky and I thought that would solve my problems. To tell you the truth that product sucks. The hardware side (vinyl) are ok, but the software interface is a lot worse than how it looks on the website. It doesn't support "crates", full file names, it doesn't properly show which songs you've already played...

Should I buy Traktor next or hold on for progress from your end?

Thanks and sorry for the rant!

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:42 pm 
Regular

Good things come to those who wait. I'm sure Adion will let us know his progress.

There are other Mac OS X (intel) DVS software and hardware out there. Try before you buy.

You could always check out my chart:

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:45 pm 
Regular

Don't take this the wrong way, Phobos, but I think you are a little unfair here.

I'm in the same pair of shoes, about three years on a macbook now. Still, I much prefer using the bootcamp/XP option, and wait for some time, to the option of throwing my money out of the window for no reason. I also do not share my mac files in boot camp, and I actually think this is an advantage for me because I can keep two separate music collections without a problem. One for home listening and one for DJing (and I can access the latter from OSX anytime I want to). And harddrive space is cheap.

As far as music bought on iTunes is concerned: As long as it is DRM free iTunes plus music, you can play it in DJDecks. Sure, you have to copy it to your boot camp partition, but so what? And if it has DRM, you can't play it with Traktor either (I only tried the LE version that came with my Numark Total Control though). Don't know about Serato.

I mean, come on, you bought DJDecks knowing that there is no OSX version yet. So don't complain there isn't one. No pun intended!

Ortofon OM Pro
SSL Vinyl/Traktor Scratch Vinyl
http://www.maximumbreaks.de

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:31 am 
djDecks

I can say that the mac version is making very good progress now.
I can't give any dates yet, but I think a first public beta could be available not too long from now.
Currently vinyl control, audio playback, effects, skins, scripts and basic playlist/browser/search functionality are working.
Midi control is working, but only the mapping for the vci-100 controller is almost finished at this point.

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:31 am 

Thanks Adion for the info!

Yep, I agree with you mcflemp, that maybe I'm trying to make this more difficult than it is :roll: . But then again I bought DjDecks 2,5 years ago and I wasn't professionally DJ'ing or producing music back then. Now some could argue that I was stingy buying Ms. Pinky and should've gone straight from DjDecks to Serato or Traktor this year, but reading the Ms. Pinky forum I honestly thought it was a serious option. As far as I know there is no demo available for Ms. Pinky.

Also copying gigabytes of music from one partition to another kind of takes the advantage of digital DJ'ing on the road for me. I'd rather just buy vinyl then.

As far as this goes for Adion and DjDecks, my posts can also be considered compliments. I think DjDecks has always been a great implementation of a DJ software - that's why I miss it so much on OS X!

The case for me is that now, after throwing 120€ (=$100 US) away with Ms. Pinky, should I save and wait for DjDecks updates or try throwing more money away with Traktor :o

One more question to Adion also; I've forgot, did the DjDecks license grant free updates for 2 years or longer?

Also, I'd be very keen (like many others) to try a beta of the OS X version DjDecks. We won't hold bugs etc. against you it would just be really cool to see the progress.

[edit: spelling mistakes]

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:48 am 
Regular

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:49 am 
djDecks

About a year ago it was indeed 2 years of free upgrades, but you will be notified in time when you would need an upgrade license.
At the moment everyone is still free to download updates.

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:42 pm 
Regular

I am also a little over a year into my djDecks subscription and had been wondering about future updates and access to them. :|

DENON DN-HC4500
GATEWAY NV5207u 4GB, 320 GB HHD
MAXTOR External HDD

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 pm 

Thanks for the info Adion.

It sure looks like the os x version of DjDecks is going to big among fans!

Looking forward to it.

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:52 pm 
Regular

Vista

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:03 pm 
djDecks

Mac's might be 5% of the total number of personal computers, but I think that the share for 'creative' people is a bit larger.

Also, since I've been working on it pretty hard last year, it would be a waste to stop now :P
It has been a good opportunity to rewrite a lot of code anyway, and once completed most code will be shared between Mac and Windows version, which means it will hardly be any more work to keep 2 versions up to date.

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:59 pm 
Regular

Vista

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:26 pm 
Regular

Adion, have you seen skratchworxs latest post about the percentage of OS users for Djs? OS X 42%, Windows XP 39%

Anywayz, I hope your coding the source code to be like what Jorgen did, cross compatible code that can be compiled for Mac OS X or Windows.

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:07 pm 
Elite

Thing is, the only people who would be in the slightest bit bothered about contributing to a survey on operating systems would be Mac users. Anyone who uses windows based OS does not feel strongly enough about it to contribute. Mac users have such a hard time of it with compatibility, you're inevitably going to get a skewed response. I agree that 'creative' people are drawn to Mac usage, but I don't believe that this survey gives an accurate picture of the real world.

There are Mac users and PC users. I think it's great that Mac users will be able to use djDecks on OSX, but frankly what's the big deal with having an XP boot on your Mac?

I'm not a Mac fan. Can you tell? :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:20 pm 
Regular

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:16 am 
Regular

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:04 am 
Regular

What do you mean Paulheu? Do you know something about Jorgens coding/programming?
(Anyhoo, I know someone who had spoken to Jorgen and Kent directly.) :roll:

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:47 am 
Elite

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:59 pm 
Regular

Post subject: Re: Intel Mac version progress PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:38 pm 
Regular