djDecks

It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 6:20 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: djDecks DX v0.99 PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:42 pm 
djDecks

Download djDecks DX beta

djDecks DX is a version of djDecks that makes use of DirectX 9 to draw the graphics.
Besides that, this build is also the first version of djDecks that is completely written in C++, where the regular version still has a part of Visual Basic code.

Advantages of djDecks DX
-The code for djDecks DX is almost entirely shared with the code for djDecks For Mac, so there will be less code to maintain
-By using DirectX, the graphics card can do some of the work. Especially for skins that use transparency a lot, this will significantly reduce the cpu power required to run djDecks.
-Because a lot of things are re-written, they perform better, and are better suited for future features.
-Multi-soundcard support is a lot better, so you can mix an ASIO output with a WASAPI output and waveIn inputs if you want.
-Audio CD support is a lot better, with caching of cddb track data, reading of CD-Text when available and supported, and cd insertion detection to automatically update track data
-Video and Karaoke playback
-Options window can also be customized in skins, and any part of it can also be included in scripts, midi controllers or other parts of the skin
-Playlist window is a regular window now, so all features available on regular windows can be used on the playlist window, and all playlist objects can be used on other windows as well (including resizable windows)
-Better logging: Playcount and last play time are stored in the database for each song, and the logs by date also include the time the song was played

Disadvantages
-Some features available in regular djDecks may not be available yet in djDecks DX

Since I am planning to make the DX version the default download soon with a public release, I would like everyone to report here if you find something still missing in DX that was in the regular build.

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:16 pm 
djDecks

New beta:
Code:
-Fixed bug storing and reading cue points in some cases
-Added NZ for midi xml's to trigger buttons when a value is non-zero
-RecordInput is working now
-Improvements to Line Input pass-through

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:26 pm 
Regular

The file that I created for the keyboard KEYB_DOCTOR DJ.XML doesn't freeze the program when it is read but also the functions created in this file are not executed.
The functions that I created were:
- ARROWS RIGHT and LEFT : to insert a music in the decks
- Keys M and N : auto bpm among the players
- Keys < and > : To activate / to disable timecode vinyl
- Key - and = : they divide the loop of the player 1 and 2 for the half

And as for CDJ 2000? Were more functions already created?
An extremely important function for CDJ 2000 is to mark the position at the beginning of a beat, in other words, when the player is being reproduced and the button PLAY is pressed and without following the CUE button this position should be marked like CUE. But the one that happens is to return for the beginning of the music.

Attachments:
keyb_Doctor DJ.rar [1.57 KiB]
Downloaded 3217 times

Twitter: @doctordjari

1 x DJM800 Pioneer - 2 x CDJ2000 Pioneer - 1 x LG R400 Notebook - Windows XP SP3
 Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:10 pm 
djDecks

New beta:
Code:
-Finished implementation for Numark Mixdeck
-Finished implementation for American Audio VMS-4
-Fixed bug preventing to load Dunks1982Darkside skin (and possibly others)
-Improved keyboard mapping support

In this build the keyboard shortcuts you were looking for should be working.
I did notice however that the xml mapping appeared to contain some possible errors (m, n, < and > weren't in there for example, but seemed to have been stored as ¼ for example)
Would it be possible to also send the original .keyb map so I can see why storing the xml didn't work?
Manually changing the values to the correct keys in the xml should work already though.

As for the CDJ, I will try to finish the mapping soon, but I'm not sure about the thing you asked for. Basically when you press pause the song just pauses, and when you then press cue you set the cue point. If it would also change the cue point by just pressing pause there would be no way to pause without losing the current cue point.

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:30 pm 
Regular

Is this a payed upgrade? I noticed my there is a registration button, but my codes for my regular djd does not work in this version.

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:53 pm 
djDecks

You should be able to use the v0.99 offline code for djDecks in djDecks DX.
It's possible that registering from within djDecks DX isn't working yet, so you may need to install and register regular djDecks v0.99 first, which will automatically register djDecks DX too.

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:21 pm 
Elite

Crash on load of my DX-Decks skin w this beta. (tested on XPsp3)

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:48 pm 
djDecks

Sorry about that, new build up.

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:55 am 
Elite

All good :)

Post subject: EffectBPMAligned and Vinyl Control PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:53 am 
Regular

I have a strange behavior when I use EffectBPMAligned together with Vinyl Control. I have a rotary on my MIDI controller for echo length; here's the MIDI mapping:
Code:
<input_output>
  <bytes>B0 52 VV</bytes>

<type>Slider</type>
  <player>1</player>
  <value>EffectBPMAligned</value>
  <valuespecifier>echo_length</valuespecifier>
</input_output>

When I use this with VC disabled, it works as expected. But when I enable VC and move the rotary, the value jumps irregularly. Maybe this is because the pitch and (thus the BPM) changes continuously in VC mode?

The problem does not occur on regular djdecks.

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:19 pm 
Regular

there is a problem with FX knobs in VCI-100 mapping,the FX amount/speed knob for deck B is controlling deck A for echo,flanger,gapper...(filter is fine)
beside that,all OK!
looking forward,
thank you!

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:10 pm 
djDecks

Looks like the vci xml contained
Code:
<player>0</player>
at many of the effect objects, forcing the parameters to be affected on the left deck only.
Removing these lines from these objects fixes the issue. An updated vci100 xml will of course be included with the next build too.

Post subject: Re: EffectBPMAligned and Vinyl Control PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:16 pm 
djDecks

djbronko wrote:
I have a strange behavior when I use EffectBPMAligned together with Vinyl Control. I have a rotary on my MIDI controller for echo length; here's the MIDI mapping:
When I use this with VC disabled, it works as expected. But when I enable VC and move the rotary, the value jumps irregularly. Maybe this is because the pitch and (thus the BPM) changes continuously in VC mode?

The problem does not occur on regular djdecks.

If you see the pitch moving the bpm will indeed also change and thus the effect's length could also vary a little when measured in beats. As long as the pitch doesn't fluctuate too much the bpm values you are seeing should still remain close to what you'd expect.

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:23 pm 
Regular

The fluctuations are really heavy - sometimes it's not even possible to change the value from 8 beats to 4 beats, the slider always jumps back to 8 again (MIDI value 126).
I'm trying this with a new clean record, and the pitch slider doesn't jump. So I guess the problem is not related to the record quality.

As I said before, the problem doesn't happen on regular djdecks.

EDIT 1: I just found out that the behavior does not occur when I change the input_output mapping into an input, so it seems that the output from djdecks to the MIDI controller has something to do with the problem.

EDIT 2: The problem occurs only with EffectBPMAligned - Effect and EffectBPM work as expected.

Last edited by djbronko on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:36 pm 
Regular

I'm using the DX DJD with two CDJ 2000.
I detected some problems when using this setting:
- Difficulty connecting HID: at times the program crashes and you must restart it to work again.
- Freezing: When I use just the LINK mode in CDJ the DJD FX does not freeze, but when I use my external hard disk with the CDJ DJD FX freezes. It is necessary I revert to the LINK to the program working again.
- Positioning the beginning of a hit: When I use the VINYL mode in the CDJ 2000 is not possible to position in a hit and then mark this point as the beginning (CUE).
- MIDI Keyboard: Now it was possible to connect the XML file that I created with my hot keys but the keys that were set in CUE MODE does not work (djDecks, CDJ, PCDJ A, B PCDJ). The PLAY, CUE, loops, buttons no longer work. I am sending the original file KEYB for you to check what are the possible errors.

With these problems was not possibly use DJD DX during a presentation at night. I had to return for the Standard DJD and use the timecodes vinils. In my opinion the DJD DX is not yet stable enough to substitute for the Standard DJD.

Attachments:
Doctor_DJ.rar [1.31 KiB]
Downloaded 3250 times

1 x DJM800 Pioneer - 2 x CDJ2000 Pioneer - 1 x LG R400 Notebook - Windows XP SP3
 Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:00 pm 
Regular

it's not beta without reason I guess..

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:34 pm 
Regular

Code:
it's not beta without reason I guess..

Yes I also agree.
But the standard version is no longer being updated with for example the use of HID.

And the stability of a program is essential for use with VJ and DJ. Most programs that work together VJ and DJ are unstable.

Programming using DirectX is extremely complicated.

For Windows XP is not only open a window to the DJD DX but seven windows (player, player, OPTIONSWindow, WaveformsWindow, MixerWindow, djDecks, playlit). You can see through the Windows Task Manager and this is not considered normal programming.

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:34 pm 
Regular

Me again with another WASAPI setup enquiry - I'm using multiple WASAPI cards which is reliable, but I've even tried identical pairs of cards and the latencies don't match, which makes mixing hard.

Would it be possible to add a setting that allows you to add a slightly larger buffer to one of the outputs? (Being an advanced setting, could it be exposed in a .ps file?)

Or failing that, is there any way I can add a delay of a few ms to a sound card in Win7 WASAPI?

Thanks for any tips
Chris

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:50 pm 
djDecks

New beta:
Code:
-Improved compatibility for Keyboard object from regular djDecks
-Should speed up loading of a song, especially in Smart Streaming mode
-Cut/Copy/Paste are now working in text boxes
-Should improve HID connection problems

@technicaltitch: The cue output will always have a delay compared to the master output. Increasing the buffer size for either card would only increase this delay. The only possibility is indeed to add an actual delay to the master output after it has done all processing. I'll think about adding this, but it will probably take a while.

@doctordj: I had no problem cueing with the CDJ in vinyl mode and then marking that point with the CUE button as the current cue point.

Post subject: Re: djDecks DX beta v0.99 PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:37 pm 
Regular

Adion wrote:
@technicaltitch: The cue output will always have a delay compared to the master output. Increasing the buffer size for either card would only increase this delay. The only possibility is indeed to add an actual delay to the master output after it has done all processing. I'll think about adding this, but it will probably take a while.

I see what you mean thanks Adion. I assumed it was Windows, WASAPI or drivers causing the difference rather than djDecks, as the difference varies between soundcards, and I never had latency difference when I had multiple output ASIO cards. I've got the latency down to a level I can compensate for by putting the master through an external soundcard and the cue through the internal one, although the master is still slightly ahead of the cue.

Thanks hugely for getting back to me, I understand I'm a niche user with unique problems, and would only expect you to find and fix them if they point to problems other users might experience.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next