djDecks

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:45 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Album and Genre Disappearing After Analyse PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 am 
Regular

I know it may be unlikely that this can be fixed at this point but I am hoping to find a work around. I have run into a very frustrating problem with the analyse function. After analysing a large folder that has subfolders in it I’m finding my Album and Genre are disappearing from the record case. The only way I have found to get them back is to delete the tagcache.db file. The analyse function is very slow and takes days to analyse my entire library so re analysing is a pain. Has anybody else noticed this and has anybody found a way around this problem?

Kevin

Post subject: Re: Album and Genre Disappearing After Analyse PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:14 pm 
djDecks

Do you also have this happening when you just load a file and restart djDecks, or only when you use the analyse function?

Post subject: Re: Album and Genre Disappearing After Analyse PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:02 am 
Regular

This does not happen when I just load a file and restart djDecks. it also does not happen if I analyse only one disc or subfolder. It does happen if I analyse a parent folder that contains many subfolders. For example a folder with only 3 discs in it works fine but if I add 30 discs to that folder then I see the fault.

It may also be important to note that I am using XP with a USB drive

Kevin

Post subject: Re: Album and Genre Disappearing After Analyse PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:34 pm 
Regular

Update:
Get the same problem with windows 7 and sata drive. Have not yet found workaround.

Kevin