djDecks

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:22 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: red icon in the library folder - corrupt files <solved> PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:19 pm 
Regular

hi

need some help to a rather weird problem which i never seen before..

running dx on my download computer and using the chiron standard display .. i grab a few tracks from various sources and went to the folder to anaylse the tracks all of the mp3 tracks had a red icon in the library window ... i presume this is a warning about the file....

they do load in to a deck allright and do seem to play... i used an mp3val tool to see if there was a problem .. but its say ok

what is the icon telling me ???? normally they just black..

in the mean time i have used an audio encoder to convert the mp3 to a wav file and then converted that back to an mp3

at each point i reloaded dx and went to the folder and they still identified as red.. even as a wave...
i was too scared to use the tracks out when i was playing this weekend

happy to upload a track somewhere if someone need to test the file to let me know what is going on .. if its a corrupt file.

all advice is greatly recieved as always !!!

thanks

Last edited by devouk on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: red icon in the library folder - corrupt files ??? <solv PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:13 pm 
Regular

after finding the online manual its was nothing to worry about ... just not really ever noticed it ...

In the default skin, it can have 4 colours.

When the icon is blue, this means you have already played this file in this session.
When it is red, the file is changed less than a week ago,
when it is yellow, the file is changed less than a month ago, allowing you to see which files are new.
All other files are coloured white.

it might have been because i used a different skin ie tin tins .. and not noticed it there.. just freaked me out a bit .. lol !!

Post subject: Re: red icon in the library folder - corrupt files <solved> PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:57 pm 
Elite

New files are red in T5 as well :wink: