[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - TouchOSC

djDecks

It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:11 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: TouchOSC PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:46 pm 
Regular

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get TouchOSC on my iPad to work with DJdecks but so far I can only turn the volume on and off (no fades) with the midi mapping. I found some very nice Vestax VCi100 layouts for OSC, but when I choose that device from the OSC list it says it is not connected. Is there a way I can get around this and use it without mapping all controls myself?

Note that the latter is not working for me for some reason, I tried the 'learn'button but that didn't quite get me there either... Or perhaps I need to trick DJdecks in thinking a real VCi100 is connected with a MIDI bridge? I'm a MIDI noob, sorry, but I would really like to use my iPad to control DJdecks.

thanks in advance for the help!

M

1 x Stanton SA-5 (3 x P&G!)
1 x Vestax PMC Pro MKII
2 x FS 125 gram Scratch vinyl
Custom PC @ 4,3 Ghz, win7 64
ESI U46DJ (ASIO buffer: 48)
iPad 2 - TouchOSC

Post subject: Re: TouchOSC PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:56 pm 
Regular

Hi,

I got this to work now, either with Midi through OSC bridge or with OSC itself. However, for some reason I'm not able to send text strings to TouchOSC via DJDecks. I can send e.g. level information (in floating point) to labels in TouchOSC, but if I choose text in the XML editor and e.g. BPM it doesn't do anything.

Can anyone assist in the correct XML code for this? I know TouchOSC can handle the strings as I can send strings with Pd-extended and it works like a charm. I guess in general I need to understand the correct Syntax to send OSC messages with DJDecks (like e.g. /2/rotary1/15 or /1/label4 testtext).

Any ideas?

1 x Vestax PMC Pro MKII
iPad 2 - TouchOSC

Post subject: Re: TouchOSC PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:43 pm 
Regular

sorry, I'm an OSC noob, just wondering what the latency is on the controls, especially cross and level faders.
win or mac?

Post subject: Re: TouchOSC PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 pm 
Regular

I can't give you the latency exactly but it seems very fluent. I.e. Even with fast fader movements Djdecks syncs it nicely (you can see them moving virtually instantly onscreen. I still want to test some of the jog wheel scratching and xfader speed with that, that'll give me a good benchmark.

1 x Vestax PMC Pro MKII
iPad 2 - TouchOSC

Post subject: Re: TouchOSC PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:43 pm 
Regular

Latency also depends much on the device you're using. I tried it via WiFi on a HTC Touch Pro 2 with Android (originally Windows Mobile), the lag wasn't huge, but sure it was there. I recommend a 'as close as possible' setup, so Bluetooth or USB wired if that's supported.

It's some months back, but I remember I got beatleds working with this OSC. Have you tried that one already?

Post subject: Re: TouchOSC PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:28 pm 
Regular

I tried some cuts with a huge jogwheel in a touchOSC layout. It didn't really work. Some latency issues maybe, but moreover the control of the jogwheel itself. Seemingly it only sends 00 and 7f messages, and nothing in between. So it's either forward or backwards fullspeed. You can adjust it with the scratch sensitivity but it just doesn't cut it.

Beatleds work ok, VUmeter as well. Wired is not an option for me (I'll just stick with my FS records). I mainly intend to use the OSC setup for things I cannot do with my external mixer. I.e. looping, cuepoints, effects and loading next tracks.

I'm still trying to figure out if I can get the tracktitle to send over OSC, I'm using PD-extended to check whether DJD is sending OSC at all with textfields, so far no luck.

BTW with regards to Android, I hear an update of touchOSC is coming 'soon' that will allow Android users to use custom layouts as well. When mine is finished I'll share it here as well.

M

1 x Vestax PMC Pro MKII
iPad 2 - TouchOSC

Post subject: Re: TouchOSC PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:53 pm 
Regular

a bump on this. I didn't get text strings to work, but other than that I got a nice TouchOSC layout for DJDecks working. Cuepoints and effects work good with it now. I did a quick vid for the cueopints:

http://youtu.be/k-0uHo9uQQg

Here's a screenshot of the layout, I have it working for 4 decks now.

If yo're interested in getting it or exchanging ideas, let me know!

M

Attachments:
Mach1TouchOSC.JPG
Mach1TouchOSC.JPG [ 111.38 KiB | Viewed 8789 times ]

1 x Vestax PMC Pro MKII
iPad 2 - TouchOSC