djDecks

It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 8:13 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: small fix for file browser and quick jump PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:35 pm 
Regular

hi adion

hope you are well and things are good..

i wonder if you could take the time out just to do a small fix of a bit of a glitch (or a programmed feature .. lol)

when you sort in the browser by artist if you then use the keyboard to enter a letter then can it jump to the artists which start with that latter
and similar when sorting tracks by title that when you press the keyboard letter it will jump to the tracks where that letter is at the beginning (then jumping / looping through the next track title starting with the "key press" letter)

currently when sorting by artist then press a letter it will still jump to tracks with that track title

whilst when sorted by title and pressing a letter it will jump to the first sorted letter of the title track, then pressing it over loop thought the next tracks which starts with "key press" ... (even though it always tends to be one less than ones listed)

many thanks

Post subject: Re: small fix for file browser and quick jump PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:52 pm 
djDecks

I just tried, but when I sort by Artist and I press a letter it jumps to the songs with an artist starting with that letter.
Maybe try removing/renaming your config.xml or playlistcolumns.xml file to make sure that it is not a bug in the configuration somehow.

Post subject: Re: small fix for file browser and quick jump PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:42 pm 
Elite

I have the same problem - the DX version has always been like this for me. Hitting a key only jumps to the first artist starting with that letter no matter which column the browser has been sorted by.

Post subject: Re: small fix for file browser and quick jump PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:43 pm 
Regular

tried again with a clean install on DX

how is it intended to be used - as you see / currently programmed

i use this function as way of looking at directory of tracks, sorting by artist or title then using the letter to jump to keypress artist match ...

i am using at quick access filter in a way depending if i can only partially remember the first word of track or artist ...

sort by artist .. press key ... jump to the first artist and then for every other press of that key will scroll down +1 on the artist name

sort by title .. press key .. jump to the first title which starts with that letter and then every press afterwards scroll down +1 on the titles

same as serato does not sure about the other software .

i did noticed as well if you do use this for a title, it will only jump to 2/3 further down even though there is other files beginning with that letter, as you can see them sorted in the list below

dont mind do a screen video grab if this helps :)

thanks