djDecks

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:18 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: recording a mix, really large file size problem, not playing PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:42 am 
Regular

This may be obvious but I'm struggling. I recorded mixes with djdecks in the past, all was fine.
I upgraded computers the other day and reinstalled djdecks and have just finished recording my first mix with it. (mp3 quality 320)
Went to burn to a cd and winamp wouldn't recognise it, then neither would windows media player.
VLC does play the mp3 fine and so does djdecks. (it's definitely an mp3)
I noticed djdecks saying the mp3 was 1536kbps (in the tag) and the filesize is absolutely huge, 500mb for 50 mins.

I did another small test, I am definitely recording as mp3 in the options, and again the 20 seconds I recorded came out over 10mb.

I have gone through all the options and I can't figure out what is wrong, the only real recording options seem to be the mp3 quality and ogg quality. Is there something I am missing...?

I am not recording with a mixer or a midi player for the mixes, just live on the laptop, with 2 soundcards, this was how I did in the past also.

Thanks for all help and suggestions, I will try them all at this point!

Post subject: Re: recording a mix, really large file size problem, not pla PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:23 pm 
djDecks

It looks like for some reason you are actually recording in wav, so I think when you change the file extension to .wav it will play again in other programs.

When you try to record the file, you used the file type selection at the bottom of the file selection window to select mp3?

Post subject: Re: recording a mix, really large file size problem, not pla PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 pm 
Regular

Hi Adion, thanks for the suggestions. I'm pretty sure I'm recording in mp3, definitely selected in the options.
I have a test attached for you, just 30 secs of a song. The original song is 6.18MB and this 30 secs record of it came out over 6MB so I'm definitely messing something up but before I never had any problems.
Should I reinstall?

edit - just tried to attach the file but it is saying on red at the top - "The extension mp3 is not allowed."

is there an email address I can send it to?

Thanks again

Post subject: Re: recording a mix, really large file size problem, not pla PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:48 pm 
Regular

download link

https://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=WNROCSKFSGFFIEN

Post subject: Re: recording a mix, really large file size problem, not pla PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:09 pm 
djDecks

As I said, it is a wav file with mp3 extension.

But since you mention you set this in options, I think you are not using djDecks DX yet right?
Maybe you could try updating to djDecks DX then.

Post subject: Re: recording a mix, really large file size problem, not pla PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:14 pm 
Regular

ok, will make the plunge! cheers adion

Post subject: Re: recording a mix, really large file size problem, not pla PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:45 pm 
Regular

adion, I swear to god I am very computer literate so having to write about this is proving embarrassing but I can't seem to do it in DX either. Different issue though, I enter the "record" tab and give my potential mix a filename, click mp3 and save. Press play on first track, nothing happens, all still says idle.
It doesn't start recording, I have tried playing the track and then hitting record and then entering filename, all idle.
I have gone through settings, there doesn't seem to be much there about the record settings.
I have reinstalled DX and v.99,
Am I genuinely the only person who has had this problem?! I cannot figure out what is wrong?

I have made an incredibly crap video (attached) of me going through the process...it's a filemail link only 4.5mb
https://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=ZLSNOVMJSWKYAMA

cheers for any info