djDecks

It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:55 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Beat detection inquiry... PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:06 am 
Great work on the program, I love it. I have a couple questions though...

The first couple of times when I fully load a track in each player in ASIO mode, the beat detection estimate is just fine. A couple songs later, the lower right hand label containing the BPM remains at 000.00. The other BPM displays are out of whack as well, not being zero, but of an incorrect value. In addition, I know it still is in construction phase, but Streaming ASIO doesn't work under these conditions either. Streaming just produces no sound and a straight line where the song graph should be. This makes it very difficult to mix by ear, as not having an accurate judgement on the song's speed. The version I am using is .64 build #2253 if it is of any difference. I am also using the latest kX drivers.

Thank you for your time,

Chad

Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:54 pm 
djDecks

I noticed this too some times, and I will try to fix it.
I will post it here when a newer version is up.

The Streaming mode is just far from ready. It gives me sound here though, the ony problem I am having with it is that it crashes djDecks after some songs.

Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:33 pm 
djDecks

BPM problem fixed in the latest release. (#2270)

Post subject: Thanks for the quick fix PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:27 pm 
I am downloading the newer version as I type, I am sure it will work great. I have another question though.

When I mix, I often use the looping function (by pressing 1 or 2 ) in combination with the loop track button. That allows me to continue the beat of the song even though the song should have already ended. It's great for mixing - especially when you have those tracks that have the breaks close to the end. However, in ASIO mode, the loop track button is not functional. I don't know if that's caused by the sound card drivers or djDecks itself. Is this even possible to correct considering the nature of ASIO?

Thanks in advance,

Chad

Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:35 pm 
djDecks

Strange, in fact the looping should work better in ASIO mode, because it really loops (goes back to a previous position). (So you don't need the song loop button for that in ASIO mode)

If the 1 and 2 buttons don't work, try if it works when you do the following:
Use CTRL+F4 to set the loop length to 4 beats.
Now press F4 once to start the loop. Now it should loop 4 beats.
To stop looping, press SHIFT+F4.

If this does work, then it's probably a problem with the 1 and 2 buttons only, and I'd have to check that as well.

Post subject: It works, you don't have to check it. PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:17 pm 
There goes my credibility for asking important questions. Yes, you are right, it does actually loop in the correct manner. A lot better than before, I may add.

While I am at it, do you know any good ways to reduce the click noises that are produced in ASIO mode when playing tracks? I tried adjusting the sampling rate in both the kX program and yours but neither has helped. Adjusting the buffer size provides no soultion as well. Any thoughts?

Thanks again,

Chad.

Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:52 pm 
djDecks

Try adjusting the latency on the ASIO config panel.
You can open it with http://www.djdecks.be/asioconfig.exe
If that doesn't help either, then I think your pc might be too slow/have too little ram for the full asio mode.
In that case you'd have to wait until the Streaming ASIO mode works.