It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:51 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:33 am 
djDecks

optik wrote:
Adion wrote:
1. Playlist window also works fine in Dunks' skins here. Which skin didn't it work in?
It will be resized vertically if it starts larger than your screen, but that should be it.
Resizing the playlist should also work btw.

Yes, the playlist is resizeable and it usually works ok. Except when it's literally starting to gradually fold and ends up as a thin row of labels, buttons and whatnot. I saw this while using Dunks' 1984.4 and both of my skins (mekkatech and Tau).

Did this happen when dragging a file from the list?
I think it may be some bug where the moveable center between 2 lists actually extends over the list itself.
When you click close near the border of the list, it is possible that you accidentally grab the resize control. When this is done while dragging, it is possible that it gets stuck in this state, even when you release the mouse button.

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:59 am 
Regular

Adion wrote:
Did this happen when dragging a file from the list?

Dunks 1984.4 - it happens as soon as the application window is opened and its contents shown. No need to do anything.
Tau - happens after any operation that extends the lower boundary of the application window (showing fx windows, changing layout preset using presets menu, etc).
I can't recall seeing it after dragging a song from the playlist window.

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:43 pm 
djDecks

I haven't seen this problem yet.
I have uploaded a new beta which improves some other problems with your skin (vertical text, selecting lengths for effects, effect knobs)

I haven't checked your scripts to show the windows yet.
In general I would recommend to use if/ifnot statements before click ShowWindow to make sure that ShowWindow is only clicked if the window isn't visible already.
This makes sure the script works even if it is run more than once.

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 pm 
djDecks

The reason your skin wasn't working was because djDecks was only looking for startup.djscript, not startup.djdscript
I've uploaded a new version which correctly executes the startup script.

I've also fixed the problem with the playlist moving up.

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:34 am 
Regular

Yep, much better now :D

So, here are the issues I found so far:
- disc object is supposed to be working in "scratch mode" (seek) while the track is stopped. right now it seems to act as pitch bender.

- transport buttons do not work in Tau skin. UPDATE: it turned they didn't work in any of the skins. I got them to function by deleting djdecks settings from '~/Libraries/...'. Still an issue, though.

- transport control tab switching does not work. The switching is done by setting a trigger on VinylControl value in startup.djdscript

- same for loop tab (trigger in startup script; tab switching gives user a feedback on whether the loop is active or not)

- i think the fonts are bigger than those displayed on windows (by a couple % - the bigger the font should be, the more visible it is). may it be related to macbook's dpi (96)?

- presets custom menu in waveforms window (upper-right corner) does not switch tabs as expected

- custom menus in fx windows don't show up at all

- i just saw the playlist window fold itself HORIZONTALLY in SPM skin ;) (upon djdecks start)

- there's a problem with vertical text... The fonts seem, on the other hand, too small.

Things that, surprisingly, work better on OSX:
- window layout presets. on Windows, i'm having a problem with 3rd deck's fx window - i need to choose a preset twice to get it in a desired position (it's shifted by 128 px right when i choose the preset for the first time). on Mac it behaves as expected

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:32 am 
djDecks

Which screen resolution do you use?

The reason why playertabcheck.djdscript isn't working is probably that no window is specified in the tabselect.
Since a trigger isn't run from a specific window, it doesn't know which window to switch the tab on.
So I think changing it to TabSelect,mywindow:looplengthtab_on should fix it.

The waveform preset menu was a problem with case sensitivity which will be fixed in the next beta.

The fx menus will also work in the next beta. It looks like the text editor you used uses a different way to encode returns.

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:12 pm 
Regular

latest beta update:
1) my playlist window is still folding itself down to a thin line, this time horizontally and in all skins - except my good old mekkatech.org ;)
2) input channels config still requires a bit of messing around to get vinyl control to work

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:28 pm 
djDecks

New beta available. The playlist window resize problem should be fixed.

For the input channel config: I think it should work without much problems if you first select each audio device, and then select the channels.
After changing the audio device, it is possible that the channels shown are not the actual configured channels.

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:11 pm 
djDecks

New beta.
The Mac OS titlebar is no longer shown now. Moving/closing djDecks can be done with the in-skin controls.
Moving one window in the skin currently moves all windows together.

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:26 pm 

how do you use the windows skins in the mac version? i´ve seen a.e. the DJICE skin is an .exe file...

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:39 pm 
djDecks

You'll have to extract the exe first (using wine/crossover/virtual machine or windows pc), then copy the skin to the skins folder.

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:30 pm 
Regular

Hope this in in the right thread.. :)

I've been playing alot with djdecks in the past months, and I really like it! :) It's pretty stable for most of the times, although very sporadically it just freezes on me, usually just while playing a track through vinyl control, not with a specific identifiable cause.

I got some remarks on the 'standard' spm skin though. I don't know how much time it would cost to fix it, or which are skin related and which are application related. I've pointed them out in a screenshot:

(Sorry, [img=500x400] did not work)

I think the spacing between the library buttons, as well as the colors could be fixed pretty easily, right?

The switching between line-in (for regular vinyl) and TC has not worked for me yet, although I've heard people say it worked for them. It's pretty anoying since I can't spin regular vinyl anymore now...

I hope you guys (Adion & Corey) can fix some of these 'bugs'!

Post subject: Re: Skin Test PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:11 pm 

Is there a way to move different elements around yet?

Also, if i leave the mixer off, and then restart DJD, the default layout reappears.

I am using the default spm3