djDecks

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:42 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:23 pm 
djDecks

As the beta improves, more people will be added to the group of beta-testers.
If you have been added, please post some details about your mac experience here.
Specifically, which mac computers you own (model, processor speed/type, amount of memory and graphics card) and maybe a little about what you like about mac os (and thus could be important for djDecks)

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:01 pm 
Elite

I'll start, but my handle is my name and my specs are all already in my sig, so I don't know what else to tell folks here... except perhaps that I run a Core Duo. So excited about djDecks on Mac!!!!

C

Digidesign Mbox 2 Pro / MOTU 828 mkII

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:30 pm 
Regular

Hi Everybody,

First of all, the only reason I bought a PC laptop was to run djDecks on it. Lots of trouble to get djDecks to run steady, which had nothing to do with the program. Figuring out ways to get it to run steady, was lots of fun though.

A while ago I killed my trusty old iBook with a cup of tea, after a 5 year period of intensive use. Also, at the moment I'm starting out producing my own music. This all combined pushed me to order a new MacBook Pro, which will arrive next week.

My setup will be:
15" Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM
HDSPe RME RPM
Native timecode on CD or Ms. Pinky gen 5 on CD (At the moment the pink miss is the most tight control for me)

I'm really looking forward to test djDecks on a Mac!

Kind regards, Mark

Pentium M 750
1024 MB
RME HDSPe RPM
SSL Vinyl and djDecks Timecode CD's
Novation Nocturn

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:19 am 
Elite

Wahey!

Last week I finally bought a Mac (Macbook pro 2.4Ghz 4Gb RAM 200Gb HDD) so I can join in on the fun too :mrgreen:

Haven't owned a mac for myself until now, but at work I have a 24" imac (that white plexiglass behemoth brick).

Already played around with traktor dj studio 3.3 on my macbook pro, but since I am a djdecks user from almost the beginning (adion is still kind enough to use the skin I designed for djdecks as default, though I think Corey's is way better now ;)), it's hard to getting used to. Can't wait to rock djdecks on OS X native, instead of bootcamped into windows.

My normal dj setup consists of a MSI S270 laptop, U46DJ soundcard, and 2 Serato Scratch vinyls. When i'm not able to use vinyl control I use a Creative Audigy ZS2 pcmcia soundcard in the MSI, with a Vestax VCI-100 midi dj controller. Additionally I can control the fx section of djdecks with an Evolution UC33e midi controller.

Cheers,

Rene a.k.a. Chiron :)

Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz 4GB/200GB HDD - MSI S270 (Turion64 1,6 Ghz/1024MB DDR/80GB HDD) - ESI U46DJ - SSL vinyl - Evolution UC-33 - Behringer BCR-2000 - Vestax VCI 100 - BeyerDynamic DT770Pro - IXOS MOS dj1003

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:02 pm 
Regular

I live in Ghent, Belgium, and I compose and produce music. I also dj regularly. My website is www.krewcial.com, but the site isn't really full of content or info at the moment. My back catalogue consists of solo productions, last release was through UK label BBE. I'm working on my 3rd movie score right now and am doing production for a lot of other people. I also do some video editing, but more for fun than as a career or job (check www.vimeo.com/krewcial for a few examples).

I use a Macbook Core Duo with Leopard and 4GB RAM.

Started out with Final Scratch 2 on an iBook G4, but sloppy performance made me look for another solution. Tried djdecks on my desktop computer and bought myself a Macbook so I could run Bootcamp for djdecks.

I still use the Stanton Final Scratch amp, which has a great sound and is superstable. On top of that it has MIDI ports, Mic inputs and runs on Firewire instead of USB.

For vinyl control (which is my main modus operandi since I'm an old school dj) I use Final Scratch vinyl (which I still had from my Final Scratch days), both the regular as the scratch (lighter) versions.

I just got access to this forum from Adion, I'll be downloading the latest beta when I get home and post my impressions and feedback later today.

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:10 am 
Elite

well, guess I should introduce myself as well...

I live in Ghent, Belgium currently gig on daily basis (meaning every single day including sundays; but probably drop the sunday orso later this year; ok maybe too much info here :p lol)

I've been a dj for 17 years now and a pcdj user from the very beginning of pcdj djing that would be 1999 (it really feels much longer though)

I use a hackintosh to test djdecks mac

I have a dmc-1, dac-2, dac-3, hc4500
but about to get rid of all of the above except for the denon
haven't used the other devices for anything else then testing really...

and I must admit that I feel Gwen/Adion will leave most of the other dj applications behind if he keeps it up the way he is atm...
:)

btw, nice to meet you all :)

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:09 pm 
Regular

OK, the Mac thing first.

I currently use:
Macbook Unibody Core2Duo 2,4 GHz 2 Gigs of RAM, OSX 10.5
Macbook white, CoreDuo 2 GHz, 2 Gigs of RAM, OSX 10.5 (EDIT: not using that anymore)
Mac Mini Core2Duo 1,8, 2 Gigs, OSX 10.5
Hackbook nano :wink: (MSI Wind, 1 Gig, Atom 1.6 CPU, OSX10.5) (EDIT: Got rid of that)
and an appleTV (tried linux on it, but I don't know s*** about that OS)
all of the above use integrated graphics of some sort, mostly GMA950

I got into the mac about three years ago when my Wintel notebook died a few days after the warranty expired.
My general mac experience could be categorized as that of an average user, since I try to avoid the command line as long as there is another way to to the things I want.
I am still trying to get used to Logic Express (nice thing, but quite a lot to get used to after many years of Windows/Cubase).
I tried a couple of DJ apps on OSX - Mixxx of course, as it's free, and the Traktor LE and Numark Cue that came with my Total Control. There are a few things about each one of those that I liked, but so far nothing gave me everything that I was looking for as a DJDecks user.

A few personal things: DJing has been a fun thing for me for many years now, never tried to become famous, rich or even try to live from it. Same goes for producing Drum and Bass tunes, done that since the amiga days with the only ambition to make music. Occasional club gigs as DJ. A current project of a few mates and me is the drum and bass netlabel http://www.maximumbreaks.de. Don't know how long that will last, as everyone of us has quite a handful of things to do at their day jobs.

Ortofon OM Pro
SSL Vinyl/Traktor Scratch Vinyl
http://www.maximumbreaks.de

Last edited by mcflemp on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:24 am 
Regular

DJ Setup:
Technics 1210MKII(Ortofon Concord S Nightclub Carts)
Rane TTM 57SL mixer (firmware vers. 3.11)
Denon DN-HC4500 (firmware vers. 1005)
SSL 1.9.0 PB Beta 2,Macbook Pro (Santa Rosa/2nd Gen)Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 800 Mhz FSB, 2GB SDRAM DDR2 667Mhz, 17inch HD display, 160GB HDD, superdrive, Mac OS X 10.5.6, 1.5TB Sans Digital 4-bay tower USB HDD, bluetooth mighty mouse.

Working on:
Denon DN-HC4500 skin for DJDecks for Mac. It seems it needs to be tweaked for Mac a bit. :roll:

Home page: http://home.comcast.net/~axledentaldj/Site/The_Axledental_DJ.html

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:49 pm 
Regular

Hi everyone from Rijswijk, Holland :)

It's only about an hour ago that I read djDecks was finally available for the Mac. I used to run DjD via Bootcamp on Windows XP, but after a while I got sick of rebooting everytime I wanted to spin some music.

I have been using Traktor Pro with my UC-33e Evolution midi controller and good old vinyl since then. Works fine, but I've been wanting to try timecode on my Mac for a long time.

I use a 2.0 Ghz Core2Duo MacBook, a Mixvibes U46MK2 soundcard and SSL CV02 vinyls. I hope I can get it all to work...

First problem: where do I download U46MK2 drivers for OSX? Do I need them? I remember something about having to mute certain channels...

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:39 pm 

hey,

nice to be back again! i´m from hannover germany. i started out with djdecks on win in 2006. i switched to mac 2 years ago, first ran djecks on windows, then changed to torq one year ago. i was really stunned with the new options regarding midi control. i like the "open" attitude of djdecks, so it was no question to come back, once the mac thing had started. so here we are, i´m looking forward to see where this goes!

best
andré

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:56 pm 
Regular

dear co-beta-tester,

here is some information about my background & setup: i'm from innsbruck (austria), dj-ing since 1990. around the same time i started to use pcs (my first os was win 3.0 on a 386sx). i use djdecks since 2006 for vinyl control. it was a little struggeling around with the fu$%ing asio-drivers. but once it was running i used it in various surroundings - from small sweaty clubs to big flattery stages ... and it never failed.

last autumn i had to buy a new computer as my old laptop died. and after thorough consideration i switched to mac. since then i've tested different dj software. but as soon as i heard djdecks is available for mac, too, i came back.

here is my setup: new mac book pro 15,4", 2,4 GHz, 2 GB Ram, Mac OS X 10.5.6, U46DJ, SSL CV02 records

as i experienced already crashes with djdecks for mac i'm not so sure about it's stability for a live gig. however i'm motivated to test it at home helping to bring it into a stable version. so i can stop borrowing my friends ssl and play with the tool i prefer to :)

greetz,
reini

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:09 am 
Regular

I'm from Victoria, British Columbia - Canada. I have been djing for about 10 years. First digital rig was DJD after beeing too broke to buy Serato/FS at the time. Now have used it hundreds of times to dj at clubs and festivals and house parties. I also dj for fitness & Yoga classes and am CTO of a fitness business called 'http://www.bellyfit.ca'.

My old PC notebook died a few months ago- and I now use bootcamp and run my 17" MBP Core 2 duo 2.16 GHZ as a windows machine to dj with. Still not 100% stable yet with bootcamp rig- but after sorting out some firewire Exteral HD issues, it is getting better.

I am excited to use DJD mac as I too am annoyed with having to boot into windows to work on my sets and prepare for gigs.

I use turntables with Serato vinyl, and a Hercules MK2 as audio interface and controller when I'm not using vinyl.

I tried a beta of this a few months ago and it was very unstable- but when it worked, the vinyl control was quite good! I'm excited to see what progress has been made, and offer my feedback to help that process along.

cool to get some bios from all of you folks i've seen on the board.

I've been to Ghent Belgium- about 9 years ago visiting my brother @ Leuven... cheers to belgium! great beer...

peace

rowan

Serato Scratch Vinyl + 2 x Technics 1200s

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:21 pm 
Regular

I am Joe Santiago...I DJ in Miami at several clubs including Set, Mansion and my new residency at Bancroft which is opening soon. I am a DJDECKS lover but have been using traktor on my Black Macbook. I am looking forward to going back to DJDecks and look forward to testing this Beta.

BigBeatzz

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:23 am 

Hiya guys! My names Jeremy Roberts. I'm a bedroom banger from Sydney Australia.

My prevoius setup has been a simple analogue 2ch mixer/decks arrangement and a set of rokit 5 monitors. I am really excited about djDecks, If I can get it working :D I have been using traktor 3LE and the BCD for a while now but after playing with timecodes a few times, I'm hooked!

After thoroughly reading these forums i fear my great lack of computer knowledge is pitching me into an uphill battle!

Looking forward to it! Jeremy