[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - djDecks For Mac Installer

djDecks

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:33 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:40 am 
djDecks

I've been trying to create an installer and Disk Image for djDecks For Mac to make it easier to install.

You can download it here:
http://djdecks.be/macos/djDecks_Installer.dmg

Please let me know if the installer is working, or if there are any problems with it.

If everything goes well, this will probably be the first public djDecks For Mac beta.

Update: The djDecks installer is no longer regularly updated, please use the application package instead.

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:23 am 
Regular

The only thing it does for me is create an empty directory in the applications folder.
And it asks for administrator privileges halway through the installation (should it?).

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:07 pm 
djDecks

Strange, I've tried to package it again and tried it, and it correctly copied the files to Applications/djDecks/

I've re-uploaded it, so you may want to try again just to be sure.

The installer does seem to ask for the drive to install it on, and if you don't wait long enough it seems that it could select another drive first before giving the choice to install it on your main drive.
I don't know if anyone would mind that it always installs on the system volume?

It also tries to install in /Applications/djDecks, which is probably why it asks for the password.
I could have it copy to ~/Applications/djDecks instead I think (the user's applications folder), then it probably doesn't require a password, but it would be available only to the current user.

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:14 pm 
Regular

The chiron skin doesn't show up.

Pentium M 750
1024 MB
RME HDSPe RPM
SSL Vinyl and djDecks Timecode CD's
Novation Nocturn

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:14 pm 
djDecks

Sorry about that, it looks like the skin wasn't installed in it's own folder.
It should be working now :)

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:33 pm 
Regular

hey Adion, I tried the new installer (btw. sorry for the delay) and the effect is still the same.

BUT this time I checked if the files have been copied somewhere else by any chance and I found them all in the root of the filesystem ;) (no folders created, just all files copied straight to / ). I guess that's the reason why the installer asked for su creds.

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:42 am 

Hi Adion, I am very keen to become a fully paid member of the djDecks community but i cannot get the installer to work.

The disk image works fine but all the files are written to the Macintosh HD (root dir?). There is no djDecks folder created in /applications.

I'm using osx 10.5.8

Cheers, Jeremy

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:58 am 
djDecks

A new installer is available, it should install all files to the correct folder.

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:58 am 

Thanks Adion, the installer now gives me a djDecks folder in /applications. This contains three folders (devices, skins, support) but there is no way of launching the program? Am i missing something?

Cheers, Jeremy

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:49 pm 
Regular

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm 
djDecks

So the folders are created but are all empty?

On the volume selection, did you make sure that the system volume was selected?

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:02 pm 
Regular

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:37 am 
djDecks

New beta, I think it's best that you remove /Applications/djDecks before installing it.
Hopefully the permissions will be ok now.

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:32 am 
Regular

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:45 pm 

Getting the same results when trying to install djdecks for Mac. I go through the discussion and everything seems to be working fine. I can also access preferences and can load the main window. This is great. Thank you for being prompt in answering all the issues raised! :)

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:53 pm 
djDecks

This is your first post, which issues have you raised then?

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:29 pm 
Regular

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:26 pm 
Elite

yeah, I noticed that to.. somehow the installer forgets to extract the djdecks app...

it's in there though.. and you can extract it manually

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:55 pm 
Regular

thats exactly what i did 8)

Post subject: Re: djDecks For Mac Installer PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:37 pm 
djDecks

New beta, I doubt it will fix the installer issue though, I still haven't found why it does that.
It works correctly for me on OS X 10.6