djDecks

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:47 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:18 pm 
Regular

Hi Adion,

are you planning to fully support the CDJ 2000s in the Mac version of DJDecks? I am able to activate them for controlling DJDecks but the behavior is quite strange (not able to jump into folders / weird pitch control / ...).

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:14 am 
djDecks

It should work fine if you only select one I think.
On the mac build it's possible that there are still problems selecting more than one cdj.

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:34 pm 
Regular

Hi Adion,

great to hear that the CDJ 2000s are supported in the Mac version.

I have actually tried the HID support connecting only one of the players. I followed the instructions provided at this web page: http://djdecks.be/index.php?module=docs&sub_id=365. CDJ Firmware 3.20.

My pitch problems were related to "relative mode". "Absolute mode" seems to work like expected.

But I still have problems in browsing the music collection. Pressing the rotary knob on the CDJ on a selected folder does not allow to select the files contained in that folder.

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:37 am 
djDecks

Just tried, and it looks like relative mode is working like it should as well.

Also, after selecting a folder, use 'back' to switch to the files list.

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:08 pm 
Regular

Hi Adion,

you are right. Using the "Back" button I am able to switch from folders to files. I simply did not understand the user interface which is quite different to the cdj interface when using then without software.

I am looking forward that djDecks for Mac supports multiple CDJ 2000's

Thanks

Alex

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:03 pm 
djDecks

The new build should now support multiple cdj's.
I only have one here to test, so please let me know if it works now.

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:35 pm 
Regular

2 CDJ 2000s in HID Mode are working great with djDecks now. Many thanks.

On testing djDecks with the CDJs i recognized one reproducible issue. When I select "Playlists" via the "Back" button on the CDJ without having any tunes in the Playlist in djDecks and then turn the CDJ rotary knob (browse knob) djDecks is instantly crashing.

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:01 am 
Regular

I have just played around using CDJ 2000s to control DJDecks. I always thought vinyl control is the reason to go for DJDecks. But CDJ control is even much better! I must admit I haven't seen Serato in combination with the CDJ 2000s yet but CDJ control on DJDecks is very accurate. Great work!

I have noticed some issues on using the CDJ control:
- The "Back" button is used to cycle the modes "Folders - Files - Playlist". But the "Back" button is also necessary to completely exit the control mode of the CDJs and switch to another "Link" device on the CDJ. I am able to exit control mode by pressing the "Back" button for long. But simultaneously DJDecks cycles "Folders - Files - Playlist". If I later get back to control mode I am actually not there were I wanted to leave. Further more when I quickly press the "Back" button multiple times to cycle between the "Folders - Files - Playlist" mode it sometimes happens that the CDJs leave control mode. Maybe the "Back" button is not the best choice for cycling the DJDecks browse modes.
- When I cycle between "Folders - Files - Playlist" and enter a mode I haven't used before the CDJs display 5 lines of "1.0" or "0.0". Turning the rotary knob of the the CDJ fixed this display issue and the expected content is displayed.
- The decimal place of the BPM is not displayed on the CDJs (it is alway ".0" on the CDJ).

It's great to see that DJDecks is evolving by supporting the new advanced control units and taking notebook DJing to a new level!

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:20 pm 
djDecks

Alex wrote:
- The "Back" button is used to cycle the modes "Folders - Files - Playlist". But the "Back" button is also necessary to completely exit the control mode of the CDJs and switch to another "Link" device on the CDJ. I am able to exit control mode by pressing the "Back" button for long. But simultaneously DJDecks cycles "Folders - Files - Playlist". If I later get back to control mode I am actually not there were I wanted to leave. Further more when I quickly press the "Back" button multiple times to cycle between the "Folders - Files - Playlist" mode it sometimes happens that the CDJs leave control mode. Maybe the "Back" button is not the best choice for cycling the DJDecks browse modes.

As long as I press the back button only short it doesn't seem to leave control mode.
Also, I think you can just press USB, SD or Disc too to exit control mode?

Quote:
- When I cycle between "Folders - Files - Playlist" and enter a mode I haven't used before the CDJs display 5 lines of "1.0" or "0.0". Turning the rotary knob of the the CDJ fixed this display issue and the expected content is displayed.

This will be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
- The decimal place of the BPM is not displayed on the CDJs (it is alway ".0" on the CDJ).

This is a limitation of the controller in link mode unfortunately, it only receives the bpm without a decimal place.

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:09 pm 
Regular

Quote:
As long as I press the back button only short it doesn't seem to leave control mode.
Also, I think you can just press USB, SD or Disc too to exit control mode?

OK you likely won't get into this situation when using one the players :) . When I want to to leave control mode and link to the other players USB stick I first have to get back the CDJ link selection menu. If only one link device is available this menu is not shown, I think. To get this menu shown using a single player you might want try to connect the player simultaneous via USB and Ethernet to the computer, start Rekordbox and enter "Link" mode in Rekordbox (you likely have to disable your personal firewall to let the Rekordbox traffic through). Than the aforementioned menu should be displayed showing the choices "control mode" and "rekordbox" on first pressing the "Link" button or when leaving a linked device via the "Back" button.

It definitely happened to me that pressing the "Back" button pretty quickly in a row without pressing it for long left control mode, but only in rare situations.

Quote:
This is a limitation of the controller in link mode unfortunately, it only receives the bpm without a decimal place.

So we have to rely on our beat matching skills here :) .

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:20 pm 
djDecks

You can still either automatically match the bpm's or check the screen for a more accurate display of course.

I understand about the menu now, but I'm not sure if there's really a better alternative button available for this function.

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:56 pm 
Regular

The "0.0" issue is fixed in the latest build. Thank you.

Regarding the back button issue, it seems to me that the function assigned by djdecks is interfering with the original function of the button to leave control mode and enter the link selection menu. I tried again to reproduce this issue and i must say that my first impression, that unwanted control mode exits only occurs in rare situations, was wrong. I can reproduce this issue by simply pressing the back button quickly for a short time multiple times. This issue occurs on both players. Maybe this issue only occurs if multiple link devices are available and the link selection menu is shown.

The back button might be the best choice for switching between the different browse modes in djdecks but I really experience unwanted control mode exits with this button assignment.

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:40 pm 
Regular

Another suggestion regarding the CDJ HID mode: currently when pausing playback by simply pressing down the jog wheel it is not possible to set a cue point. The CDJs in native mode allows this. Can it also be realized in HID mode?

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:30 pm 
djDecks

In the new build the cue button should now work while holding the jog wheel.

Post subject: Re: CDJ 2000 Support in the Mac version of DJDecks PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:20 pm 
Regular

Holding the jog wheel for setting a cue point is working great now. Thank you. Holding the jog wheel while using needle search is causing uncontrolled track jumps.