djDecks

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:27 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:58 pm 
djDecks

I have recently upgraded the development tools on mac, so to make sure that djDecks is still working the same as before, I'd like you to try this new beta:

http://djdecks.be/macos/djDecks.dmg

It can be tested without affecting your current djDecks installation. Please report if everything is still working.
It should work on all Intel Mac's with Mac OS X 10.5 or later.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:04 pm 
Regular

I just played around with the new beta using cdj 2000 hid control. I did not recognize any differences to the old version.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:10 pm 
Regular

Hi, I have just seen that the new mac binary has a different application name. I actually previously tested the old version :(.

When trying to start up the new build DJDecks is immediately crashing:

Process: djDecks [201]
Path: /Applications/djDecks.app/Contents/MacOS/djDecks
Identifier: adionSoft.djDecks
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [104]

Date/Time: 2011-03-19 18:03:35.114 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.6 (10J567)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libavutil.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/djDecks.app/Contents/MacOS/djDecks
Reason: image not found

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:19 pm 
djDecks

New build up, hopefully fixed now :)

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:36 pm 
Regular

The new version works.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:29 pm 
djDecks

Thanks for trying, regular download is now replaced by this one.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:49 am 

Hello!

I'm new to this program... I was so happy with it that recently i bought it.

Just downloaded this new build and in the first run all was good. Then in the second run the window shrank his size...

sorry my english is a little bad so I added some screenshots...

pic1 = second run
Attachment:
File comment: pic1
pic1.png
pic1.png [ 37.97 KiB | Viewed 8158 times ]

pic2 = trying to stretch it
Attachment:
File comment: pic2
pic2.png
pic2.png [ 111.73 KiB | Viewed 8158 times ]

I cant see anything, even when stretching it to cover the screen, the only thing that is visible is the playlist....

i will love any help... I was thinking if there is a way to start it like a fresh install, no settings saved, like when you download the trial the first time. In the first run it detects, in some way, that my copy was registered and the USE time was increasing (registered) and not like a count down (30mins trial), that's why i think that there is a settings file or something...

I tried to run the old build and the issue is now in both versions. This never happened before so the new version affected my old version :(

i hope you understand me.

hardware specs:
- Macbook white (2008? 2009? i don't remember)
- 4GB ram
- 2GHz intel core 2 duo
- 500GB HD (more than 300GB free)
- denon hc-4500 controller (not connected)

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:49 pm 
djDecks

The settings are stored in Library/Application Support/djDecks
If you remove the file config.xml, then it should start correctly again.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:46 pm 

Adion wrote:
The settings are stored in Library/Application Support/djDecks
If you remove the file config.xml, then it should start correctly again.

THANKS!!! this solved the issue... :D

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:09 pm 

Nope it is not working... well, works for the first run...

In the first run it open correctly but in the second run the issue is back... :(
With the old version all is good, i can open it millions times and all is good. (this after deleting the bad config.xml)

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:29 pm 
djDecks

When everything is still ok, could you try to go to Preferences->Visuals and set the skin resizing to 100% / Original Size, and then try if it stays ok after restarting?

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:36 pm 

I tried all the scaling options and the issue is always back in the 2nd run.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:42 pm 
djDecks

Could you send me your config.xml by email so I can have a look?

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:48 pm 

I think that i found the problem...

i tried to post here what i found but the forum is truncating my posts...

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:55 pm 

check your PM

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:40 am 
djDecks

New build online, it should be fixed now.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:32 pm 

yep! fixed! :D
THANKS!

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:46 am 
Regular

Hi Adion,

been playing around with your mac version. There are still some bugs from the other testing project.

1.) more than one midi controller (hc4500) is not possible. I've tried changing the midi channel, even setting the deck offset but nothing worked.

2.) setting the sound card and channels is not possible. first it is impossible to know which hc4500 is which in the sound options. on the pc version I can select asio-denon and then set the channels. asio does the rest. Is there a way to get core audio to do the same? Otherwise somehow decks should see and report which controller is which.

These are the most important right now but I have others that I can post later and will post for your pc version as well. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:16 pm 
Elite

dkproductions wrote:
1.) more than one midi controller (hc4500) is not possible. I've tried changing the midi channel, even setting the deck offset but nothing worked.

when you say 'nothing worked' which behavior are you experiencing? do both denons control the same players, is one none responsive or what?
dkproductions wrote:
2.) setting the sound card and channels is not possible. first it is impossible to know which hc4500 is which in the sound options. on the pc version I can select asio-denon and then set the channels. asio does the rest. Is there a way to get core audio to do the same? Otherwise somehow decks should see and report which controller is which.

this is a MAC thing really... very annoying, but mac doesn't numerate controllers and soundcards the way windows does, but can be differentiated by (I think) usb ports...
still it's possible you'll have to reconfigure the sound & midi devices each time you start djdecks mac
however the position in the list once djdecks is started does not change... so you could set the bottom or top denon as first 1/2 3/4 device, and then the other as second... I'd have to check to be sure, but currently don't have my second hc4500 here at home

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:18 pm 
Regular

MrBlubke wrote:
dkproductions wrote:

when you say 'nothing worked' which behavior are you experiencing? do both denons control the same players, is one none responsive or what?
dkproductions wrote:

this is a MAC thing really... very annoying, but mac doesn't numerate controllers and soundcards the way windows does, but can be differentiated by (I think) usb ports...
still it's possible you'll have to reconfigure the sound & midi devices each time you start djdecks mac
however the position in the list once djdecks is started does not change... so you could set the bottom or top denon as first 1/2 3/4 device, and then the other as second... I'd have to check to be sure, but currently don't have my second hc4500 here at home

Yes it is def a mac compatibility issue. This is the same problem I had with the pcdj dex dx. On pc 2 4500's work just fine. However the sound is still an issue. I can't get it to output to the proper card/channels.