djDecks

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:42 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:34 pm 
Elite

dkproductions wrote:
MrBlubke wrote:
dkproductions wrote:
1.) more than one midi controller (hc4500) is not possible. I've tried changing the midi channel, even setting the deck offset but nothing worked.

when you say 'nothing worked' which behavior are you experiencing? do both denons control the same players, is one none responsive or what?
dkproductions wrote:
2.) setting the sound card and channels is not possible. first it is impossible to know which hc4500 is which in the sound options. on the pc version I can select asio-denon and then set the channels. asio does the rest. Is there a way to get core audio to do the same? Otherwise somehow decks should see and report which controller is which.

this is a MAC thing really... very annoying, but mac doesn't numerate controllers and soundcards the way windows does, but can be differentiated by (I think) usb ports...
still it's possible you'll have to reconfigure the sound & midi devices each time you start djdecks mac
however the position in the list once djdecks is started does not change... so you could set the bottom or top denon as first 1/2 3/4 device, and then the other as second... I'd have to check to be sure, but currently don't have my second hc4500 here at home

Yes it is def a mac compatibility issue. This is the same problem I had with the pcdj dex dx. On pc 2 4500's work just fine. However the sound is still an issue. I can't get it to output to the proper card/channels.

on pc? on pc it works perfectly for me... both midi and sound are perfectly assignable...
again for you first question... could you elaborate? behavior wise? also where are you changing offset, and midi channel? you know the denon itself can be set to different players on the hardware as well as in djdecks config? so that's 2 places each...

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:41 am 
Regular

If you hold the -preset button and edit the presets. Change the unit ID to 1 or 2 and change the midi to 3&4. It's the only way I can get the mac to recognize two 4500's. Regardless of that sound through 2 4500's will NOT work.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:34 am 
Elite

dkproductions wrote:
If you hold the -preset button and edit the presets. Change the unit ID to 1 or 2 and change the midi to 3&4. It's the only way I can get the mac to recognize two 4500's.

this is one way, the other way is to set the offset for one of the denons to +2 in djdecks
they should both show up in the midi device list... I will try to test this on Sunday I should then have my both denons at home...
dkproductions wrote:
Regardless of that sound through 2 4500's will NOT work.

I hope you're talking mac only again here, because I have tried this on pc and it works perfectly...
of course it'll only work in external mixer mode, I hardly doubt 2 denons will give you 2 cue's and 2 master outputs in internal mode

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:41 pm 
Regular

Yes we are still talking mac. however I did get a msg from Denon on how to get macs to see 2 denon sound cards. You have to go into the audio/midi settings and create and "aggregate" sound card. In that setting you can assign both 4500's but have to set it to 8ch/16bit mode for it to work. I haven't tried it yet but will report back when I do.

As far as the midi channel / decks offset, I believe in pc setting the offset worked. In mac it did not. I could be getting them confused though. In any case when I did use the offset, it did not assign the players properly to the correct controller and/or it would duplicate one of the players on another controller. I will test both again and let you know.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:00 pm 
Elite

dkproductions wrote:
Yes we are still talking mac. however I did get a msg from Denon on how to get macs to see 2 denon sound cards. You have to go into the audio/midi settings and create and "aggregate" sound card. In that setting you can assign both 4500's but have to set it to 8ch/16bit mode for it to work. I haven't tried it yet but will report back when I do.

As far as the midi channel / decks offset, I believe in pc setting the offset worked. In mac it did not. I could be getting them confused though. In any case when I did use the offset, it did not assign the players properly to the correct controller and/or it would duplicate one of the players on another controller. I will test both again and let you know.

just checked on mac without the aggregate, and everything seems to work as expected...
however currently a but confusing due to djdecks not giving a nummer to the soundcard devices...
it DOES however list 2 DN-HC4500 for me... I chose the top one for the first 2 player 1/2 and 3/4
and the bottom one for player 3 and 4... again 1/2 and 3/4... and it looks as if it's the same device, but it isn't... have them hooked up to the mixer, and I have 4 separate channels... so everything is good... now midi...

1-DN-HC4500 HC4500 denon4500.xml-(Connected)
2-DN-HC4500 HC4500 denon4500.xml-(Connected)
on first one right click, and make sure offset is set to 0
on the second one set offset to +2
done... 4player mode with 2 2player devices and 4audio channels up and running...

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:43 pm 
Regular

I will try again,but last time that is not at all what happenednwith mine. Just curious what are your 4500, presets for unit id and midi channel.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:03 pm 
Elite

dkproductions wrote:
I will try again,but last time that is not at all what happenednwith mine. Just curious what are your 4500, presets for unit id and midi channel.

unit n° ALL
midi channel 1&2 for both
if you'd set one on 3&4 and it accidentally would happen to be the one with the +2offset you'd be controlling the same players on both controllers

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:17 pm 
Regular

Ok thanks. I'll double check it here and get back to you.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:44 pm 
Regular

Howdy friends
Longtime DJDecks user, very djdecks for mac experience.

I download the latest beta, drag and drop to my Applications folder, double click the file, instant crash.

Is there anything I can do to provide more information?
OS X 10.5.8 running on an imac from 2008.

I was also curious, is DJDecks for Mac based on old djdecks code, or the new spruced up dx code?

Thanks,
-J

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:12 am 
djDecks

There's a new build now, could you try again?
If it still crashes, it should give you a crash report which can help find the location of the crash.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:08 pm 
djDecks

New build, fixes recording broken a couple of builds ago, and fixes some issues when playing mp4 audio only files.

Post subject: Re: New djDecks For Mac build PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:49 am 
Elite

Just tried this version and it says 'you cannot use this version of djDecks with this version of mac OS X' my version is 10.5.8.