[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - Bug reports & feature requests

djDecks

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:38 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Bug reports & feature requests PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:52 pm 
Regular

Just got the latest build. Things seem to be working more-or less. Here's a list of concerns I have still.

1. I'm getting tons of dropouts and spikes in cpu usage. I do have other apps running currently, but I am hearing way to many glitches, clicks, pops, dropouts, and these wierd drone 'blank' sounds, esp when loading new tracks and mixing.
(after 10+ mins of use, the dropouts seem to be much less frequent. not sure if it just spiked at the beginning, but I will keep testing)

2. iTunes playlist folders? I can see all of my itunes playlists, but the folder hierarchy is not showing up. I'm using dunks 1984 skin. Is it a skin thing or just a current limitation?

3. Selecting multiple tracks and moving them in playlist. I can't seem to select a bunch of tunes (using shift and/or CMD) and move them into the current playlist. I'd like this to behave just like itunes, and finder in this regard. Grab a few tunes or all of them in a directory and drag them over to the playlist.

4. Show in finder - I'd like to be able to open a finder window with the selected file in it from a right-click in djdecks. Same with directories.

5. Refresh folder? CMD+R would be very handy.

6. BPM not showing up in folder view, but exists in tag. I'm seeing no BPM in the column, but when I open 'edit tag' it shows a bpm! I know 99% of my tracks have bpms, so its strange they're not all showing up in the playlist/folder view.
File comment: Playlist view shows no BPM, but edit tag does.
Screen shot 2011-03-24 at 11.38.09 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-03-24 at 11.38.09 AM.png [ 149.53 KiB | Viewed 7510 times ]

7. Strange Folder file selection bug. It seems to be selecting multiple files when i single click on any track in the folder view. This had something to do with me using Shift & CMD to try and select multiple tracks, but then seemed to get stuck on the 'shift' mode without me pressing shift. The folder view kept adding files to the selection on every click of a track.

8. Loading specific track seems to have crashed the deck. I tried loading a song and the player became unresponsive. Now I can't load any songs into the decks. Trying to quit DJDecks manually didn't work- and then the app crashed. Relaunching now.
Upon relaunch, I can't open any open any folder, or itunes playlist. Double clicking does nothing, clicking on folders bounces the view back to 'iTunes' in the folder navigator.
After a minute or two of being open, the folders seem to be loading now. Not sure if it was trying to buffer or something?

Thats all for now I think.
Is it possible some of my older configuration files are corrupting the install? Should I remove all djdecks files/folders and then reinstall it?

Unfortunately this is currently very far from solid. I was hoping again to see that some of the basics would be sorted out with the mac version. I hope my feedback helps?

thanks,

Rowan

Serato Scratch Vinyl + 2 x Technics 1200s

Post subject: Re: Bug reports & feature requests PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:58 am 
Regular

I've just installed djDecks for Mac on my MacBook 2.16GHz with 2GB RAM and am getting almost constant ticking, popping or clicking. Really to the point that it would make this unusable in the real world. Is this something that will improve or is my system underpowered? I've been using Traktor Pro 2 which has been nearly flawless but I'm looking for software that is a bit less complicated to use than Traktor.

Post subject: Re: Bug reports & feature requests PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:00 am 
djDecks

I haven't had that on my Mac, you could try changing the Buffer Size in preferences. Just start with a low value, press 'Apply' each time you change it, and increase it as long as you keep getting these ticks.

Post subject: Re: Bug reports & feature requests PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:52 am 
Regular

Hey Adion -
I hadn't heard much since I posted those questions. I bet you're pretty busy, but I am really hoping to see the mac version get to a stable place soon.
Let me know if you need any more info or if i'm just too high maintenance!

thanks
rowan

Serato Scratch Vinyl + 2 x Technics 1200s

Post subject: Re: Bug reports & feature requests PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:21 am 
djDecks

Have you tried again, I think I fixed some of the things you mentioned in the meantime actually.

Post subject: Re: Bug reports & feature requests PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:07 pm 
Regular

Thanks for the reply. My buffer is currently 1024. If I make it much larger won't that start affecting the latency and overall responsiveness of the software? I will make the buffer larger to see if that helps and will report back with the results.

By the way, I'm seeing CPU around 14% or so. Is that high or about to be expected?

Post subject: Re: Bug reports & feature requests PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:08 pm 
Regular

I've adjusted to buffer to all different amounts and songs are just not playing without almost continuous ticks. I thought it might just be the mp3 being screwed up but I fired up Traktor Pro 2 and Visual DJ and they both played the song with none of the ticks. CPU useage seems to hover between 10-15% during playback.

So I'm wondering what might be causing this with djD since other Mac users are obviously not experiencing this. Any other thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Bug reports & feature requests PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:00 pm 
Elite

Digidesign Mbox 2 Pro / MOTU 828 mkII

Post subject: Re: Bug reports & feature requests PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:13 am 
Regular

I'm using my MacBook built in audio.

CPU is 10-15% usually and memory is never maxed out.

The last four times I"ve tried to launch djD it has crashed upon startup. I guess I'll have to restart my computer and if that doesn't resolve the crashing, reinstall and trash prefs.