[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - Problems with new alpha version

djDecks

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:06 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:42 pm 
Regular

Hi,

After trying to install the Traktor Scratch files in the alpha dir, it crashes instantly (rundll32.exe blabla) when starting the .bat file. Even when the complete VideoAlpha dir has been removed and the computers has been restarted.
Any suggestions? Really weird because it (VideoAlpha) could not have traces in the registery causing that crash I think?

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:42 pm 
djDecks

Is regular djDecks working correctly on the same install?

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:39 pm 
Regular

Yes, the normal djDecks is working correctly in the default dir. (C:\Program Files\djDecks).
I am running VideoAlpha from the desktop. (C:\Documents and Settings\Night\Bureaublad\VideoAlpha).

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm 
djDecks

Are you using XP or Vista?

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:43 pm 
Regular

XP SP3, latest DirectX also.

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:51 pm 
Elite

kinda looks like this video software performs WAY better on vista and win7 then it does on XP...
guess this might have to do with the accelerated desktop...
Gwen, you might want to use the explicit mode for the fullscreen after all...
I think it might have a big influence on the performance on XP with with almost no influence or no performance gained on vista or win7...

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:18 pm 
Regular

The 'new' new version (lets call it v4) also crashes. :(

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:23 pm 
djDecks

When you check the details, you should see in which module it crashed, could you tell me that?

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:37 pm 
Regular

Ok...this is just too weird...
I was arranging my desktop so the screenshot would be good...after a restart of 3, 4...it just didn't crash again.
Here is as much info as I could get:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2u5atlf.png
More wasn't possible because like I said it just started working again.

But...new problem. Kind of artifacts that appeared not in VideoAlpha1:

Also...video is still very 'skippy.'

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:43 pm 
Regular

Looks like the crossfader is in the center and the support\effect.ps file is not renamed/removed

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:47 pm 
djDecks

Thanks, so it looks like the crash occurs after loading the skin, perhaps while trying to load the tags.

The artefacts you are seeing is probably the effect that is enabled by default.
You can disable it by renaming/removing support\effect.ps

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:37 pm 
Regular

@paulheu
Yes CF is in the center, not really a problem is it? :P
Artifacts were fixed after renaming, thanks paulheu and Adion.

Glad to help Adion.

I found out some (probably) new issues:
When the window is not in foreground...caching of music goes (I think it of course depends on the bitrate of (the music in) the video) that slow that the buffer will not be enough to hold out very long. So after a second of 4-15 you are playing without sound.
When 'playing hard' with the pitch and tempo...the program freezes after a while. This is possible the 'reverse play' issue you were talking about earlier. (I am not using timecode now.)
Still the program is very heavy compared to just playback. (I know I am using old hardware and OS.)
Using options in the skin that do not show the small video's makes it a bit faster.

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:49 pm 
Regular

In fact, if the CF is in the center the transition will show, either unlock the video and audio CF or move it to the playing player to get full image

What is your system spec? I think minimal spec for a video system is much higher then a regular audio system, especially videocard (obviously)..

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:51 pm 
Regular

I know, I meant...that was not a problem. ;)

Specs to be found here:
http://tweakers.net/gallery/sys/9246 (Scroll all the way down for current version...or wait some minutes...I'll update my sign on this forum.)

CPU is reallyyy outdated, graphics cards...well, it was top of the line some years ago. Still enough power to play newest games at moderate settings. Must be enough for VideoAlpha.

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:00 pm 
Elite

I think I'm getting the same graphics problem. Videos are displayed in what looks like inverted colours and lower quality than Windows Media Player. See:

WMP:

djDV:

I'm using Vista Home Premium with my Sony Vaio VGN-N21E:
2 gig RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo @1.75Ghz, Intel Mobile 945GM Express Chipset Family graphics

I know the graphics card isn't particularly good on this machine, but I've never had problems with video before :?

Any tips? Opimisations?
:D

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:44 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: Problems with new alpha version PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:24 pm 
Elite