[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - Unstable Pitch Problems - Part 2

djDecks

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:38 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:57 pm 
djDecks

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:11 pm 
Regular

okay, well here they are...

Somehow they do specify something weird... From this pic, there doesn't seems to be a problem at all... :shock: :?

In the program it states 21.000 signal strenght and 18.000 for deck 2.

Pitch fluctuation = pure random, but i did get a new record of 0.14% wich is almost decent...

The problem is, that as soon as a recallibrate, i get another new random fluctuation and i don't want that to happen when i'm playing out. I don't have time to callibrate 10+ times till it goes under 0.0x% when preforming live.

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:07 pm 
djDecks

In the second picture, left and right channel are identical, which would make absolute mode impossible.
For the first deck the picture does indeed look good, although it's strange that the signal strength is much higher than the values you see in djDecks.

Also there are some speed problems with the VirtualDJ timecode, so if you have a chance to test with another timecode, chances are that that also works better.

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:29 pm 
Regular

Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:51 pm 

Hi,
I'm having problems with pitch stability in djdecks v0.78. I't was ok before, but I have not used DjDecks for a few months and now it's unstable.
I've cleaned the needles and the vinils even though there are practically new and were not dirty.
Here are the calibrate jpg's:

I use two Technics SL-1200 MK2 turntables with ortofon concorde pro needles and conected up to a Esi u46dj. The pitch smooting method used is 0.74.
Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Unstable Pitch Problems - Part 2 PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:13 am 

Hi @ all,

funny, i`m a registered DJDecks user for a longer time and i never posted in here, okay, hmm, maybe i did and i forgot the old nick, no idea ;)

However Adion, one general question about the calibration please: What is an okay value for the pitch variation ? I got between 0,0012 and 0,0020, it depends on
the timecode vinyl i`m using (MSPinky / VDJ / Traktor Scratch).
I`m currently trying to find out what records work best for me inclusive pitch variation.

Post subject: Re: Unstable Pitch Problems - Part 2 PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:36 am 
djDecks

Lower is better, and for good results you'd probably want a value lower than 0.01
0.002 is still very good, I don't know if you are going to notice the difference between 0.0020 and 0.0012

Post subject: Re: Unstable Pitch Problems - Part 2 PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:40 am 

Post subject: Re: Unstable Pitch Problems - Part 2 PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:59 pm 

So here`s the result of my latest test with VDJ (Numark) records which gave me the lowest pitch variation (compared to Traktor Scratch / MSPinky):

- latest 0.87 Beta
- VDJ in this case
- Absolute Mode
- Ortofon Digitrack / Technics 1210 / NI Audio8 DJ / Lowest Latency / Insane Quality
- Signal Strength around 20000 - Pitch Variance 0,005 / 0,009
- tried smoothing method 0 / 1 / 2 and couldn`t feel a real difference
- Pitch detection: advanced smoothing

It was real hard to beatmatch, i had it perfect for some seconds then it went away and so on

Edit: And here`s the result with Traktor Scratch records:

Same config as above
- Signal Strength around 18000 - Pitch variance 0,0014 / 0,0012

Same pitch problems.
Oh yes, in both cases i played the records @ 45RPM

Post subject: Re: Unstable Pitch Problems - Part 2 PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:22 pm 

Update: I did some more tests and even when i`m sorry about it i have to say that beatmatching is real hard so that DJD is currently no alternative for me :(

Post subject: Re: Unstable Pitch Problems - Part 2 PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:41 pm 
djDecks

With VirtualDJ there are indeed some known problems in the timecode itself, but with Traktor Scratch you should be able to get quite good results with these values.

Post subject: Re: Unstable Pitch Problems - Part 2 PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:46 pm 

Post subject: Re: Unstable Pitch Problems - Part 2 PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:27 pm 
Regular

Hello!

Tried it with different versions of djdecks, also the newest 0.88 build. Pitch Variance only for the first first input channel is always 0,70%. Checked Turntables, Needles, Vinyl, Preamp, Cables... they all seem to be good because on the second input channel i have a variance of 0,02 % with every combination of hardware. Also tried the soundcard in another Pc with few different drivers. could it be a software problem (bug?!?!) or is my sound card fucked up?

Mixing is a little bit hard because the pitch jumps but is working in general. No other Problems, Needle drop works good...

Tried different pitch smoothing combinations but none delivered a result under 0,13%. My Hardware setup is listed in my signature.

Signal strengh left: > 23000 (Ortofon Scratch)
Signal strengh right: > 17000 (Ortofon Electro)
Codes detected: 98 -117%

Left Table:
left.jpg
left.jpg [ 47.19 KiB | Viewed 13352 times ]

Right Table:
right.jpg
right.jpg [ 46.48 KiB | Viewed 13347 times ]

Best regards

cyablo

2x Reloop RP-4000 MK2 * 2x Dynavox TC-750 * 1x Behringer VMX300 * 1x SONY MDR-V500 * 1x Ortofon Concorde Electro S * 1x Ortofon Concorde Scratch S * 2x SSL Vinyls * 1x EKS XP-10 * 1x KORG nanoPAD * AthlonXP 2600+, XP Pro. SP3, 1 GiB RAM, ESI Maya44 PCI

Post subject: Re: Unstable Pitch Problems - Part 2 PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:42 pm 
djDecks

In the bottom waveform of the left table you can clearly see that the waveform is not a smooth sine wave.
If you get the same results when you connect the right turntable to the same input, then it would indeed look like there is a hardware problem with the sound card.

Post subject: Re: Unstable Pitch Problems - Part 2 PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:23 am 
Regular

I have been having a plaguing issue with audible pitch jumps @ my studio setup... I have tryed different (albeit used) SSL records, m-audio delta 66 and a 1010. needles are month old m44-7's. Decks are 1200's... using the latest beta. Using preamps and getting a good signal, also have sensitivity at around 125

If I turn on pitch smoothing, smooth pitch and the other pitch smoothing, i can get ok results but the bpm is too slow to respond to get a decent reading to use it for mixing.

I can post some screens of all the settings but the waveforms look good so I am at a loss..