[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers

djDecks

It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:12 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:59 pm 
Regular

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:45 pm 
Regular

1x Vestax VMC-004XLu
1x Esi U46DJ
2x KRK Rocket 5 Active Monitors
2x Final scratch 2 standard vinyls
2x Virtual dj vinyls
1x Djdecks v0.98
1x Ableton Live 8
http://www.sunrisefm.co.uk

Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:59 am 
Regular

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:10 am 
Regular

Are the new esi drivers better than the mixvibes drivers? Im using the mixvibes and havent had much trouble. Latency is at 10 but im getting about .26% pitch variance

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:48 pm 
Regular

well. actually i am pretty much confused.

first time i tried new 030 drivers were ok. so i went to a gig this weekend and i had to restore the system to the 016 drives because it went completely wrong: it sounded as if somebody was frying something really big inside the card. so i don't know what to think about this drivers (maybe with 028?).

besides, as i read somewhere, i also have problems with the input signal. suddenly it went fade and vynil control impossible. as a solution (if you have an ESI u46) go to the card control panel and increase in 10 dB the input signal.
also, every time i changed playlist or open folders in the playlist, it interfered with the audio stream (glitches) which was very very annoying.
and somehow, after two hours or so, djdecks just changed itself the vinyl speed multiplier from 1.0 to 0.9 (wich is -8% pitch) wich almost made me gave up the whole thing.

by the way, i have a big noise problem caused by the "power adaptor" or "current adapter" (i'm not english, i don't know how to say it correctly). as soon as i connect the electrical power plug, it begans a heavy noise that enters the card through the usb port. any one with this trouble? any solution? advice?...

AMD Turion 64, 2 GHz
1 GB RAM
Technics w/ ortofon needles
final scracht
esi u46dj
vinyl control skin

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:04 pm 

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:49 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:55 pm 
Elite

I've been meaning to order one of these for ages so I've just placed an order for the Amazon one. I'll let you know how I get on with it :D :D

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:38 pm 
Regular

Will the ground isolators work if you plug them into the deck phono cables rather than from the mixer to the amp?

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:36 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:01 pm 
Regular

It's for when I play out at a club and I can't disconnect the rca lead from the mixer to the amp (which is where I'd put the ground isolator). Maybe I'm not getting it, where else would the isolators go?

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:32 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:51 pm 
Regular

yep, so for each output out of the soundcard to the mixer I'd put the ground isolator on. I'd need two right?

Laptop----[usb lead to...]----soundcard---[ground loop isolator]---[rca lead to...]
........................................................\ ................................................... ------mixer---[mixer 'house' output]
.........................................................\[ground loop isolator]---[rca lead to...]

Pretend the dots aren't there, the message came out wrong with the spaces! :?

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:06 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:09 pm 
Elite

It works! No noticeable hum/buzz in the background on both Friday and Saturday nights. :D

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:28 am 
Regular

great, thanks for the feedback :wink:

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:18 pm 

so witch driver are the best for u46 sn 60.....

new mixvibes or old esi ??

IMO esi 0.30 are buggy

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:14 pm 

I did use the U46, but go rid of it as i had no end of problems. So many blue screens it was untrue, and there had to be a specific way to get it all working, restarting and so forth with it plugged in, separate from the rest of my usb ports...

Anyhoo, I now us the M-Audio Conectiv. Comes with torq (darn good) and it is a solid card that i love, and have thrown about everywhere and used live so many times. despite the plastic look it is worth it.

IMHO Ditch the U46dj

Cyclone Sessions, Kanya Beach Bar, Ibiza 2008

Minted!

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:02 pm 
Regular

Anyone tried out the new 1.039 release?

http://download.esi-audio.com/

Post subject: Re: original U46 DJ and NEw mixvibes drivers PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:40 pm 
Regular

i tried them at 256 samples latency 11ms and that's a f***ing good shit !!!! flawless vc quality 100% signal good or perfect ( a dream given the problems i had ) and pitch fluctuation 0,12 !!! ( i was blocked at 0,70 )