[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - dj Decks turntablism Video

djDecks

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:49 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: dj Decks turntablism Video PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:54 pm 
Regular

Because of so many people in this forum wants to see how dj Decks performs scratching with time coded vinyl we decided to make a short demo video. It shows plenty of different scratches while you will see the possibility of dj Decks performing even scratches with enormous fast record movements like chirps or drills.

You can download it here:

(right click, save as... or use DL manager - about 11,5 mb, ca. 2 minutes) You'll need the newest Divx codec to see the video. Audio is coded in mp3.

working links:

I don't actually know about any traffic limitations at tripod. They say nothing about it so I guess there are none. (They shut it down recently :( ) Anyway, there will be a smaller version online soon. Also we think of producing another video showing some beatjuggling.

We used dj Decks 0.66 beta (# 2992 I guess) with virtual DJ TCV. The Notebook used is a 1,5Ghz Centrino with 512 mb ram. The Vestax 07 pro is connected through a Maya 44 usb with the notebook. The turntables we used are one 1200 Technics and one PT 2000 by Gemini (both with Shure m44-7, no pre-amps).

We hope you'll like the video and it is able to answer some questions about the scratching abilitys of dj Decks.

Last edited by Max Power on Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm 
djDecks

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work anymore, or it must be refered from a tripod site.
Maybe you could try to create an index.html on that site with a link to the video.

If you can't get it to work I'd be happy to host it for you.

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm 
Regular

tight video!!!!!! all professional n stuff.....i think adion should put this up on the main site... with your permission of course...

hmm... i was saving up for a edirol fa 101 or a motu 828... but now seeing how the maya usb performs with NO pre-amps, i think i might just pick one up for use on my 1.7ghz p4 laptop... i use FS vinyl though not virtual dj.. wonder if that would make any difference... and if it does... FS vinyl should work better right????

well props for the great video!!!!

david

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:42 pm 
Regular

I downloaded it fine....
I can email it to you adion.... or upload it to my yahoo briefcase.

david

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:44 pm 
djDecks

It would be great if you could put it in your yahoo briefcase.
Unfortunately I can't receive files > 10 MB in my mailbox.

I would really like to see it, because I don't have the VirtualDJ vinyl myself, and I thought it would perform far worse than FS vinyl.

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:49 pm 
Regular

Unfortunately tripod shut down my account for 24 hrs because of to many people trying to download the video. :evil:
I guess that means that putting up an index.html wouldn't fix the problem either, so it would be very cool if you could host it Adion (thx for the offer).

@ rwcjunglist: You can put in your briefcase. Would be great. Any download restrictions over at yahoo? Thanx for the props...

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:04 pm 
Regular

its uploaded to my briefcase... i dont think theres any download restrictions.. but once adion hosts it, i wont matter...

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/rwc650click

DJDECKS folder..... Djdecks_large.avi

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:12 pm 
Regular

Thanks a lot. Very cool. Its really hard to find a good free webspace service. I thought tripod would be cool, but...

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:22 pm 
djDecks

Thanks,
I don't know what's wrong, but everytime I click on a sub-folder (such as DJDECKS), it says page not found.
I've tried with both IE and mozilla, and I've tried both logged in and as guest.
Maybe there's a problem with yahoo at the moment?

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:26 pm 
Regular

no prob..

u seem to get better scratch performance then i do on my system.. the audio drops out on fast scratches.. haven't tried the newest beta, i'll try it out in a bit..

maybe the virtual DJ vinyl is working better then the FS vinyl now??

what OS are you using Max?? have you made performance tweaks in your OS??

my system:
Windows XP - SP2
1.7 ghz p4
512mb Rambus
M-Audio Delta 1010

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:33 pm 
Regular

I cant get access to the briefcase and download the demo avi.

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:35 pm 
Regular

i guess its a yahoo problem.. try this link

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/5b42c8c0/bc ... BBwtlGPwvp

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:37 pm 
Regular

I am currently getting the avi, I will host it at:

http://www.coenraads.info/djDecks/demo.avi

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:43 pm 
Regular

@ rwcjunglist:

I am using Win Xp Home. The only tweak i uses is perfomance optimization for background operations (don't know exactly whats it called in the english version of windows), which is better for asio. I set the Maya (newest driver) the the second fastest mode which works great. I got a few pitch fluctuations but besides that it works really good. BTW: I got really impoved results when using new needles. I ordered some FS records which i'd like to test next week...

@ Adion:

I sent you an email with an acces-link to my gmx media center where you should be able to download the video as well.
Unfortunately it isn't possible to use this as a public webspace alternative...

Post subject: Re: dj Decks turntablism Video PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:53 pm 
Regular

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:00 pm 
djDecks

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:09 pm 
Regular

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:21 pm 

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:15 pm 
Regular

Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:47 am 
Regular