[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - stuck spinning backward with traktor tcv. pleae help!

djDecks

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:28 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: stuck spinning backward with traktor tcv. pleae help! PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:57 am 

ok guys, help me out, im so close, yet so far.

i have two stanton t.90 USB turntables. they have both built in phono preamps and a built in USB soundcard. im using traktor scratch TCVs and for now jsut a shitty integrated soundcard on my laptop (hp pavillion tx 2000). i understand that to get output to my mixer properly, i will need to buy a proper soundcard/interface dealy with two seperate outputs.

but i cant seem to get vinyl mode to work quite right. it seems to track the movement o the needle fine, in that when i spin the record backwards, and when i slow/stop it, the file slows/stops. BUT when i push it forward IT STILL GOES BACKWARD.

ive tried reversing the channels, but to no avail. right nwo they are both connected to my laptop via USB, although i tried using one via line in, and i had the same problem, even when i manually switched channels.

its jsut convinced its going backwards....i really like the layout and feel of the software, but i need to figure out this issue before i invest a bunch of cash into it!

also, i have tried installing ASIO4all drivers, and the problem persists. i will take screenshots of options screens upon request.

also, i dont know if this is relevant, but it always thinks deck 2 is mono, and that deck one is reversed.(when i run the deck autoconfig tool)

please help!

Post subject: Re: stuck spinning backward with traktor tcv. pleae help! PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:34 am 
Regular

tricky...

do you use line output from your t.90, phono output or usb? or have you tried all of them? Did you calibrate DJDecks?

Ortofon OM Pro
SSL Vinyl/Traktor Scratch Vinyl
http://www.maximumbreaks.de

Post subject: Re: stuck spinning backward with traktor tcv. pleae help! PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:19 pm 

i have tried both USB and LINE out on the turntable, withthe line out i tried manuall reversing channels too, and it STILL goes backwards! ive tried calibrating the tables.

table 2 calibrates fine, but says the the channels are switched, but table one always gives me a warning saying that the input looks mono and should be stereo....there same TTs/needles/stylus were working with traktor scratch yesterday with an audio 8 interface(last guy who owned em ran this setup).

im sure im missing something here

Post subject: Re: stuck spinning backward with traktor tcv. pleae help! PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 pm 
Regular

This is indeed tricky.
Have you installed the plugin for traktor scratch vinyls and did you select it in the preferences? Final scratch timecode (which is included in DJDecks) is not identical to Traktor Scratch timecode (you need the plugin).

If it is not that, then, well, sorry... no idea about what might cause this. Except maybe for a soundcard issue. All those intgrated chipset soundcards and simple USB outs tend to be a little flaky when they are forced to do "pro" stuff.

Ortofon OM Pro
SSL Vinyl/Traktor Scratch Vinyl
http://www.maximumbreaks.de

Post subject: Re: stuck spinning backward with traktor tcv. pleae help! PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:23 pm 
djDecks

It could also help if you could post the picture of the analysis here.

Post subject: Re: stuck spinning backward with traktor tcv. pleae help! PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:01 pm 

wow im surprised how many people replied in a few hours!

so ive been tinkering all day, and ive managed to get it still, ALMOST working.

on a desktop witha soundblaster live soundcard, and both turntables hooked up via USB, i can get good vinyl control(in the propler directions! fancy that!) out of both decks now! im using the asio4all drivers for my soundcards and whatnot.

so im almost there except for two glitches.

one, this is an older machine(2.7ghz p4, 512mb ram, 120g hdisk) and the cpu usage when not playing a file wont go below 21%! this is with all other applicagtions shut down on with XP. so the program skips almost every second. so while my control and speed is working well, the sound hiccups every second.

if i get this working, i will officially have the worlds cheapest DVS running hahaha

the VC quality fluctuates between 48% and low 70%

Post subject: Re: stuck spinning backward with traktor tcv. pleae help! PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:45 pm 

so i got it even CLOSER to working!

even without vinyl control on i got the same skipping every second problem, so i changed the output from ASIO to direct sound and BOOM gone! audio plays at the proper steady uninterupted pitch now, and with one deck running latency is acceptable(at least untill i get more cash).

but as soon as i turn the other deck on in vinyl mode, latency goes through the roof, and the program starts to visibly jerk(although the audio still comes out quite uninterupted).

more ideas anyone? i dont seem to see anyone using USB turntables for an app like this, although to me it seems like almost the most logical way to do it.

Post subject: Re: stuck spinning backward with traktor tcv. pleae help! PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:17 am 
Regular

In all honesty, using USB turntables is not the right way to go, most have cheap and slow interfaces. Get a decent soundcard (and no, the soundblaster series is IMO not a decent soundcard) and hook the turntables up using the regular analog outputs..

Als 512 MB memory is on the low side if you ask me.. 1 GB would be a minimum for a decent system..

Post subject: Re: stuck spinning backward with traktor tcv. pleae help! PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:28 am 

well right now, im pretty broke considering i got turntables a couple days ago, so i cant afford a new soundcard, so im just trying to make the most enjoyable setup i can to spin on until i get it. sorry if you think im stubborn, but if you had a new set of TTs, no actual vinyl and a bunch of free traktor skratch control records, what would you do? :lol:

not to mention ive made far too much progress today(only this one little glitch left really)

at the moment i seem to be able to get quite acceptable performance by switching vinyl control between the two players (ie. mix in a song on the one turntable, then turn off vinyl control on that player, turn it on on the other one, mix in song etc.). but when i engage both sides in vinyl mode at the same time it gets all jerky. seems like i could just not have enough ram to support using two timecodes at once, but any other tricks i could pull to get it that little bit closer to working?

i promise ill shell out on an audio8 or scratch amp when im not broke.