djDecks

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:40 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Using Master Tempo with Vinyl Control PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:14 am 
Elite

I've recently got myself a Native Instruments Audio 4 and have started using Vinyl Control (VC) with CDJ1000s and the djDecks timecode. I'm getting on pretty well, and after a bit of tinkering with settings it seems very stable. However, I am having some issues playing songs with Master Tempo (MT) activated in djDecks.

Firstly, if VC is turned on, then when a new track is loaded, MT is not turned on even if it is shown as 'on' in a skin. :? This can be rectified by clicking on MT to show it as deactivated on the skin, then reactivating it. However, this needs to be done for every new track that is loaded, which is too much for my pea sized brain to remember to do when playing out :lol:

Secondly, with MT active I have experienced a problem the first time I try to bend the pitch up near the beginning of a track. The track seems to lag behind the platter movement and then sounds like it skips a bit of the track to catch up (this is quite hard to describe, so if this makes no sense then ask me and I'll try to explain it better). When MT is deactivated this does not happen and VC behaves exactly as I would expect it to. I have been using VC in Absolute mode if this makes a difference.

Are theses known bugs? Am I doing something wrong? Do you need any more info? I've had a look in the manual and at the VC section on the djD website, and basically had a good old tinker with all the VC settings/sound settings/debug settings. I'm getting reasonable CPU usage as well - nowhere near maxing out.

I much prefer to play with MT activated as I don't like the 'chipmunk' effect when I mix something in at more than +/- 8%.

Any help greatly appreciated. :D

EDIT: While I remember....Is it possible to have djDecks turn off MT when I do a spinback? Maybe djD could reconise when the code is playing backwards and turn off MT while this is happening? Also if MT could turn off as the pitch approches -100% then doing a brake stop would sound better. No idea how best to do this.

Post subject: Re: Using Master Tempo with Vinyl Control PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:04 pm 
Elite

Any ideas chaps? Could do with getting my DVS setup sorted sooner rather than later :D

Post subject: Re: Using Master Tempo with Vinyl Control PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:37 pm 
djDecks

I will have a look at it, just haven't had time for it yet.
Master Tempo is a little harder with vinyl control due to the constantly changing pitch.

Post subject: Re: Using Master Tempo with Vinyl Control PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:41 pm 
Elite

I know you're busy, so thanks :D