djDecks

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:49 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Feature Request: Remember my record PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:11 am 
Regular

Hi all!

From time to time I have some glitches in my mixes due to scratches and defects on the control record. This is annonying on melodic and even-tempered tracks. I thought about how this can be fixed.

First of all, I could buy new control records everytime I detect a defect. This is possible, but also a little costly concerning time and money. So I thought about a better solution.

djdecks already has means to correct faults like noise and rumble. The main problem that prevents djdecks from being perfect here is that it cannot know: am I playing with the record, or is there a defect on the record?

The physical defects are linked to the position of the record. So maybe it is possible to let the software learn my record. I think of a calibration run where I just let the record play without touching it. djdecks listens to the record and can store all defects in a protocol. When I later use this record for mixing, I select the protocol in djdecks so that the known defects are ignored.

Since I usually use always the same side of the same record, there could be an option to select a default protocol which is applied automatically.

What do you think about it?