[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated July 31, 2010)

djDecks

It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 1:40 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:00 pm 
djDecks

New version online.
It now also shows png files, allows for color4 and additionalpic4 to be selected, and also allows to select picture files directly for the additional pictures.
It will also show a description for values or valuespecifiers when available.

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:33 pm 
djDecks

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:28 am 
Elite

Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:56 pm 
djDecks

Post subject: Re: djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated January 13, 2008) PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:22 am 
Regular

When is this utility going to be improved upon? Considering the GUI and X & Y coordinates it gives me saves lots of time. But it needs to be updated with current objects and be able to use the rest of this utilities auto scripting. I wish it had more and a script utility.

Post subject: Re: djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated January 13, 2008) PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:33 am 
Elite

+1 for script utility

Post subject: Re: djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated January 13, 2008) PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:19 pm 
Elite

A script utility would be awesome!

I love the idea of the skin utility but more often than not it slows me down. The progras I use to create my graphics give me exact coordinates for my buttons and such anyway, so that part of the program doesn't help me at all... the zoomed picture leaves trails that I find extremely distracting, and it's much faster for me to zoom in on my pictures using hot keys in the programs I used to draw them. The object building part of it isn't kept up-to-date with the program (which is totally understandable given how fast the program is updated).

To me, the ideal skin utility would just be an extension of the program. Like, you switch into a mode in djDecks, and it could change the playlist window into a text editor for the files defining the behavior of each button when you mouse over it. It would let you edit the functionality of objects that are already included in the skin or let you create new ones. The syntax could all check itself against the most current set of objects, commands, and scripts, because it would be using the same set of them that the program is actually executing. If there were a little popup that had all of the possible things you could be meaning to type when you start to write a script, define a valuespecifier, etc., there would be far less chance for syntax errors.

I have no idea if such a thing is within the realm of possibility, but the program itself be the ideal environment in which to work on a skin for me personally. Things would be SOOO easy to customize that way, and people would be able to tweak existing skins to fit their own needs perfectly. Just stream-of-consciousness rambling here.

Digidesign Mbox 2 Pro / MOTU 828 mkII

Post subject: Re: djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated January 13, 2008) PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:29 pm 
djDecks

Post subject: Re: djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated January 13, 2008) PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:50 pm 
Elite

Digidesign Mbox 2 Pro / MOTU 828 mkII

Post subject: Re: djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated January 13, 2008) PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:34 pm 
Regular

I believe there ARE commands and objects that you cannot find in the skin tool - and that would explain why sometimes I had to use the midi learn function of the midi config editor after being unable to find a command I wanted to use (and had used before while making a skin).

Post subject: Re: djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated January 13, 2008) PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:02 pm 
djDecks

Let me know if you find any that are available using midi learn, but not in the skin helper.
There might be some commands that are not in the list yet, but they shouldn't work with midi learn either.

Post subject: Re: djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated June 16, 2009) PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:07 pm 
djDecks

And another new version.
You can now use it to help you with creating midi xml files as well, and there's also a search tab to help you find the object you are looking for.

Post subject: Re: djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated August 23, 2009) PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:22 pm 
djDecks

v0.72 fixes compatibility with 64-bit windows.

Post subject: Re: djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated May 6, 2010) PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:48 pm 
djDecks

v0.75 now available.

The output for midi xml objects is now more compact, and some shortcuts have been added to create short-press or long-press buttons.

Post subject: Re: djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated July 31, 2010) PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:11 pm 
djDecks

Another small update.
For skin objects, drawtype information is now also shown.

Post subject: Re: djDecks Skin Helper utility (updated July 31, 2010) PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:30 pm 
Regular

this sounds like a cool thing.. i will have to give a try now .. thanks adion!