[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - RELEASE: T4 for djDecks

djDecks

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:00 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:54 pm 
Elite

Last edited: 16 August 09, 9.30pm

I've spent a long time tweeking and updating this, but I think it's time to release my latest skin:

Almost everything works with djDecks version 0.96, but be aware that some of the features will only work with the very latest betas ;)

This is focussed on being a dedicated 2 decks skin, although all 4 decks are available from the menu.

Screenshots:

Showing pretty much everything available:

One of the more compact layouts:

Getting started
Click 'Layout' to choose how the skin looks and what is included - there are 8 to choose from. Use the waveforms buttons (to the left of the big waveforms display) to show the waveforms in different formats. If you use the latest beta, you can right click the 'match' button to snap to beat as well as match the BPM.

Cues and Loops banks
You can switch between banks of cues and loops by clicking on the 'cues' button to the left of the bank. You can also scroll through pages of cues/loops using the arrows to the right of the bank. There are a total of 24 possible cuepoints/loops which can be stored and displayed using this skin.

Beat Step Panel
Clicking on a button will advance or recede the number of beats shown on the button

Sampler
Drag and drop files onto the desired sample slot to load them in. There are a total of 6 sample slots which can be accessed by using the arrrow button. The sample volume knob sets the volume level for every channel, so if you have more than one channel open you will need to adjust the volume accordingly. You can play the sample from the start by clicking on the sample number to the right of the sample and also, pause/play the sample using the play button.

Mixer
Most things are straight forward here. Click a deck letter to assign each side of the crossfader. Crossfader curve can be adjusted by clicking the button as directed, and crossfader time can be set using the knob to the right. There are three automix functions located above the crossfader. From left to right: brake current track then fade in new track; standard mix now; spin back current track then fade in new track. Have a play with them and it will become clear :D

FX
Click on an Effect name to select it. On/Off, Level/Depth, and Time controls are all location above the effect assign area. Parameter knobs are located to the right of the effect assign area.

Time Code Control Panel
On/Off buttons for each deck are located towards the centre of the panel. I think most of the other buttons are fairly clear. The VU meters are for time code signal quality. CLick on 'Absolut'/Relative' button to change between the two.

Known bug:
-Layouts are not remembered when you restart djDecks :evil:

Any solutions to this bug is welcome, and please report any ones I've missed here :D

As always, I'd love some feedback.

Enjoy,
Martin :D

:arrow: This skin is my property. I'm sharing it here for your personal use and it may not be sold without my prior permission. :D

Last edited by Tintin on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:21 pm 
Regular

This skin has turned out great Tintin. Good work!

I tried your previous beta release of this skin, but I didn't like it that much. I see you've been doing some hard work and after trying this one on my computer I can almost immediately say that this is going to be my regular skin from now on. And that's even without trying it at home with my time code setup...

So far everything seems pretty good, and the super relative mode isn't a problem for me since use mostly absolute mode and sometimes relative. However I would like you to consider to link the main menu with the djDecks logo in the upper left corner as well as the menu button. Out of old habits I keep pressing the djDecks logo when I want to go to the main menu, something which is bugging me a bit since now there's nothing happening. Seems like a pretty egoistic request, but I figured that since I got this habit from using other skins there might as well be more people dealing with the same "problem". lol.

Other than that I like T4 because it has a clean design with a good overview and still it's up to date with the newest functions in djDecks, something that make older skins just go further back in the line.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:48 pm 
Elite

Ah, glad you like it. What you've said about it is pretty much what I wanted to acheive with this skin, so job done! :D

I'll add the extra menu button for you later in the week and post a new link at the top of this thread. :D :D

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:59 am 
Elite

Updated download link: djDecks logo is now also a menu button just for Disco Ole :D

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:12 pm 
djDecks

Nice skin indeed.
Just one question though, why did you choose not to upload it on your djDecks account? (that way it would also appear on the skins section of the djDecks website)

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:22 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:26 pm 
Regular

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:36 am 
Elite

Added to djDecks.be skins section :D

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:16 pm 
Regular

Much better then all the others!
This is a great skin. Many thanks.
But... how do I pre listen the Samplers?

thanks
Mike

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:36 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:34 pm 
Regular

Hi TinTin,

I've set the Output mode to: Master: Output 1; Headphones: Output 2.

I'll test a bit more and let you know what's missing ;-)

Mike

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:49 pm 
Elite

Tintin, not sure if the (1)(2)(3) buttons next to the play-buttons are actually buttons, but if they aren't you could make them buttons and have the active state respond like it currently does, and the inactive state only play through the 'headphones' output, merely a suggestion...
nice skin btw, haven't tested it yet, but I might

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:08 am 
Regular

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:12 am 
Elite

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:34 am 
Regular

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:35 am 
Regular

I'm really missing a "save" option under the playlist/crate section :wink:

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:58 am 
Elite

Ooooh, lots of good ideas :D I'm quite busy this week, but I'll have a look at things after the weekend. Keep them coming :D

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:22 am 
Elite

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:46 am 
Elite

New update with a few bug fixes, Limiter and clip LEDs, crossfader speed control, and master volume control now at the top of the screen.

Enjoy :D

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T4 for djDecks PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:19 pm 
Regular