[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - RELEASE: T5 for djDecks UPDATED: 23rd Feb '10

djDecks

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:49 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks UPDATED: 23rd Feb '10 PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:52 pm 
Elite

Last edited: 23 February 2010, 11.15am

Here's my latest skin:

Almost everything works with djDecks version 0.96, but be aware that some of the features will only work with the very latest betas ;)

This is focused on being a vinyl control skin, so there is no mixer, and no FX section.

Screenshot:

Getting started
Drag and drop as normal anywhere onto either player. Use the waveforms buttons (to the left of the big waveforms display) to show the waveforms in different formats. If you use the latest version of djDecks, you can right click the 'match' button to snap to beat as well as match the BPM.

Loops, Cues, and Beat Step panels
The three buttons located opposite play/cue/sync on each player are for 'Loops', 'Cuepoints' and 'Beat Step' panels. The 'Loop' section is fairly self explanatory. For the 'Cues' section, click on a cue point to set a new point or play a current one. The 'X' will delete the relevant cue point. You can scroll through 2 pages of cue points using the arrows to the right of the bank. For the 'Beat Step' section, clicking on a button will advance or recede the number of beats shown on the button, relative to which arrow that button is underneath.
Note: if you click on any of the 'Loops'/'Cues'/'Beat Step' functions while using 'Absolute' vinyl control, djDecks will switch to relative control automatically :D

Sampler
Drag and drop files onto the desired sample slot to load them in. There are a total of 6 sample slots which can be accessed by using the arrrow button. The sample volume knob sets the volume level for every channel, so if you have more than one channel open you will need to adjust the volume accordingly. You can play the sample from the start by clicking on the sample number to the right of the sample and also, pause/play the sample using the play button.

Time Code Control Panel
On/Off buttons for each deck are located towards the centre of the panel. I think most of the other buttons are fairly clear. The circular VU meters are for time code signal quality. Click on the TCV type display (below the on/off button) to switch between 'Absolute'/Relative' modes. Line in can be activated by clicking the RCA plug for each deck :D

Have a play around with things on the skin and see how you get on. Some buttons have left and right click functions so get clicking!!

As always, I'd love some feedback.

Enjoy,
tintin :D

:arrow: This skin is my property. I'm sharing it here for your personal use and it may not be sold/distributed without my prior permission. :D

Last edited by Tintin on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:39 pm 
Regular

That is an AWESOME skin. Great work!!!

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:13 am 
Regular

Cool! I will give it a try for sure... I'm using T4 at the moment and I must say that just by the looks T5 looks very promising.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:50 pm 
Regular

Ok, just had my first run with T5 and here is some of my thoughts and ideas so far.

Pros
- Nice and simple layout, perfect for a vinyl control skin
- Loop/Cue/and the beat +/- thingy is sharing the same space. Makes it less space consuming and it also makes it tidier.

Cons
- The graphics, in my opinion, is too blurry. I like more defined edges that are a bit more crisp.
- I know it sounds silly, but I really miss a minimize button. I tried to right click the close button, don't know what that originally is supposed to do, but it sure wasn't minimizing the program. If right-clicking the close button doesn't have any function maybe you could make a minimize function there? My guess is that it already has a function, but I don't understand what it does.
- I don't really like how artist and trackname info has too little space. And I really don't see the point of having the total lenght of the track next to it, wouldn't it be better to just remove the total duration and use the whole space for track info? I think it might will improve the overall layout too. (As I said, I like the layout in general, but the placement and space for artist/track info that bothers me a little.)

Ideas
- Cover display. You could use the blank space that's there when not cue/loop or the beat jump button is active to show cover art of the files. I think the "empty" space is just perfect for this and it would be a nice feature now that more and more online stores chooses to include cover art when they tag their files.

To sum it up I like your new skin and what I have written here is solely to give you constructive criticism and ideas on how to make your skin even better. :wink:

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:21 am 
Regular

I really like this skin. It's simple and effective. There are still some things you dont really need (like the little VU meters), and some icons that I would rather see different (Line-in), but it looks really good.

I can't really give a complete opinion because I'm using it with the mac beta, so I don't have access to every feature.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:56 pm 
Elite

Thanks for the comments guys. No plans to make any major changes in the short term I'm afraid, so hopefully you can get used to the bits that aren't exactly as you would like them :D

You can minimise by right clicking 'setup'. I didn't want to put this on the exit button as I thought it was too easy to close the program down without meaning to. Right clicking the 'X' button will reload the skin.

I like the fluffy graphics, but I think this is a matter of personal taste. I've tested it in a nightclub environment, so I realise that the dark gray might not be best suited to daytime use.

Personally I don't see the value in showing cover art in a skin. It doesn't give you any extra info that's not already available. Again, this is probably personal taste. I've tried to keep this skin as simple as possible. I was aiming for SSL if I was skinning it :lol:

I think the VU meters are essential to ensure you have your gain set at the right level, and there is also a clip warning in the centre of these to let you know if djD is clipping the output.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm 
Regular

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:09 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:11 pm 
Elite

Updates:
-extended track title/artist display
-moved track length display

I'll probably add the show cover art as an option later for you disko ole. Must have been feeling grumpy when I said I didn't see the point :oops: :lol: December's DJ schedule has really worn me out!

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:57 pm 
Elite

Update:
-added option to display album art
Click the icon in the space between the loops/cues/beat step buttons and the play/cue/sync buttons to activate ;) to deactivate, simply click on the album art area.

There you go disko ole! :D

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:48 pm 
Regular

Lol, thanks Tintin. I didn't feel that you where grumpy so no worries :) I really don't use cover art that either, but I just noticed this big open space and thought it would be a great place to view cover art.

I'm downloading the skin now, but I can already see from the screenshot that it will work better now that artist and title have more room :)

This skin actually inspired me to try some skinning myself, but I know from previous attempts that it's probably just gonna end with the thoughts. As JoostA already mentioned it's no problem creating the graphics, but the skinning script is so powerful, which of course is a good thing, but it's way too easy to get lost on the way to a finished project! I'm giving you Kudos for putting out one skin after the other Tintin, I'm really impressed.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:46 pm 
Elite

Very nice, keep up the good work :mrgreen:

Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz 4GB/200GB HDD - MSI S270 (Turion64 1,6 Ghz/1024MB DDR/80GB HDD) - ESI U46DJ - SSL vinyl - Evolution UC-33 - Behringer BCR-2000 - Vestax VCI 100 - BeyerDynamic DT770Pro - IXOS MOS dj1003

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:51 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:14 pm 
Elite

Update:
-changed show/hide album art to right hand mouse click
-a couple of small graphics improvements
-removed a couple of unnecessary playlist buttons to make things neater

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:26 pm 
Regular

What can I say, nice work TinTin. It looks great on the picture. It's been my default skin ever since it was released :)

One little favor though: could you also upload the skin in .zip format? I can't use the .exe installer on my Mac.. Would make it a lot easier for me to install (and other Mac users). Thanks!

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:57 am 
Elite

OK, there's now a link to a zip file for Mac users in the first post :D

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:22 pm 
Regular

Great stuff. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:15 pm 
djDecks

Nice work! Just wondering why you didn't use your (ad-less) djDecks webspace instead of mediafire to host it?

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:39 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5 for djDecks PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:22 pm 
Elite

Updated platter