djDecks

It is currently Mon May 01, 2017 3:17 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:01 pm 
Elite

Ha ha! Awesome!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:17 pm 

Hi,

I extracted the files to the PCDJ DEX DX directory, and I don't see your skin listed under the visual options.

Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:41 am 
Elite

dellfreak wrote:
Hi,

I extracted the files to the PCDJ DEX DX directory, and I don't see your skin listed under the visual options.

Any ideas?

not the correct place... should go into "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\PCDJ DEX DX\skins\"
%USERPROFILE% will usually point to %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\{username}

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:21 am 
Regular

For some reason, my DJDecks DX doesn't remember the T5 skin's previous settings. Whenever I start DJDecks DX, I'd have to manually change the waveform type, open the vinyl control main window and open the effects bar instead of the sampler. I didn't have this problem with the regular DJDecks version.

This might not be a bug, maybe I just did something wrong. :)

I already tried reinstalling both the skin (in Program Files and User directory, doesn't make a difference) and DJDecks DX.

Does anyone know in which file these settings are stored? Maybe I could look around a bit and locate the problem.

Thanks for your support. Love the skin. 8)

Update: this issue occurs both on my PC and on my laptop.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:27 pm 
Elite

I noticed this aswell, but forgot to mention it. I think I need to add some 'setpersistant' scripts, but it seems odd that there is different behaviour in old djd and djdDX.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:02 am 
Elite

nogginj wrote:
How difficult is it to, in another skin such as this, pull up even just the 3rd deck? I like having that 3rd deck as a sort of 'video override', and your skin has most of what I need, minus that 3rd deck.

Even if I pulled it up in the chiron skin it would be fine.

Is this possible in another skin? Or would you have to start from scratch and write a new display for the 3rd deck?

If I get what you're saying it's a bit tedious but not hard. Copying chunks of code is actually the part of skinning I find pretty painless. I bet I could come up with a 3 deck version of in relatively short order if you still need it and TinTin is cool with it. I'm out of town for the long weekend but I could probably at least take a look at it on Tuesday.

TinTin, I've also been meaning to tell you that this skin looks really nice.

C

Digidesign Mbox 2 Pro / MOTU 828 mkII

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:21 pm 
Elite

Thanks man! and feel free to have a play around with the code :D

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:24 pm 
Regular

Hey Tintin !

Glad to see you are still working on improvements on your skins :)

I havent been around for a while, and I must say i really like your T5 skin !

I got a couple of questions concerning it tho :

1. I cant seem to find the section where you could store/load stored loops (T4 skin had it) ?
2. Is it possible to add more pages to the store/load cues section ?
3. Are there different layouts for that skin (if so how do you switch between them)
4. Is it possible to have the BPMs show more decimal places ? (ie 175.126, NOT just 175.1)

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:41 pm 
Elite

noid wrote:
Hey Tintin !

Glad to see you are still working on improvements on your skins :)

Hello!! :mrgreen:

Quote:
1. I cant seem to find the section where you could store/load stored loops (T4 skin had it) ?

This is not currently supported, but I'll try and put it into future builds.
Quote:
2. Is it possible to add more pages to the store/load cues section ?

I can add a few more :wink: . Again this will go in future builds
Quote:
3. Are there different layouts for that skin (if so how do you switch between them)

There are no different layouts, but 4 deck support is planned and will be implimented later in the year.
Quote:
4. Is it possible to have the BPMs show more decimal places ? (ie 175.126, NOT just 175.1)

This is a djDecks feature rather than a skin feature :wink:

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:31 am 
Regular

Hi Tintin,

How did you create all the images for your skins? I'm looking at making my own and like your graphics, but I'd like different colours, orange and green, dunks 1982 style. Are they hard to make or do you have some source files I might able to start from?

Thanks!
- Shawn

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:54 pm 
Elite

Images were created using Knobman and Paint.NET. If you've done some image work before it shouldn't be too hard. The complicated ones are the eq knobs. Have a play around and PM me if you're struggling. I have a feeling the knobman files are on my old laptop which is back in England so might not be able to share those with you for a while :D

Edit: this skin needs an overhaul to reflect the improvements to the DX version, so when winter comes.....so will an update ;)

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:20 am 
Regular

Awesome! Thanks for the info :) I've only had slightly more free time than it took to read the program descriptions and install them. I don't think I should have too much trouble...I hope.

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:59 pm 
Regular

hi tin tin ..i been using your skin now after changing for the hc4500 since playing out a lot more on pioneers as well as my controller and really love it .. it is featured packs

i wonder if you could let me know how to add the brake option on to the play button or change the flanger to the brake button when i am using the hc4500 in conjunction ..
the pioneers automatically do this by default but i tend to use the brake option more than effects

only really done basic editing so far so any assistance would be appreciated .. thanks

the other things is still looking for a way to assign a sample which plays on a master out .. ie all output channels rather having to assign a left deck sample and right deck sample ..

any ideas.. even if its detecting which side had the play button pressed last / minimum time running .. so it know to route the sample to that side of the deck.. .. as generally i use little sound bits and effects... bit like jaguar skillz .. and they come in usefull for drop beat mixing

phew .. not too much for you i hope

look forward to your reply

regards
devo

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:14 pm 
Elite

devouk wrote:
hi tin tin ..i been using your skin now after changing for the hc4500 since playing out a lot more on pioneers as well as my controller and really love it .. it is featured packs

Cheers!!
devouk wrote:
i wonder if you could let me know how to add the brake option on to the play button or change the flanger to the brake button when i am using the hc4500 in conjunction ..
the pioneers automatically do this by default but i tend to use the brake option more than effects

This would need to be added to the native Denon HC-4500 .xml not to this skin. Pop a request in with Adion and I'm sure he'll put it in the next djDDX update. I'm going to be using my HC4500 again from next week, so I'll be looking for this addition aswell.
devouk wrote:
the other things is still looking for a way to assign a sample which plays on a master out .. ie all output channels rather having to assign a left deck sample and right deck sample ..

The way the sampler works in this skin is that the sampler volume is the same across the master and headphones when using internal mixer mode and across the left and right channels when using external mixer mode.

Hope this helps mate :D

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:06 pm 
Elite

shift + play = brake (afaik)

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:45 pm 
Regular

"moved Denon hardwarebrake"

But this is the poor mans solution. If it is correctly implemented you will have different options - stutter break, lenght etc. (in normal Decks it was unaffected by the xml.config- it was native and selectable) I miss this .. The position of the native Brake- knop is occupied by the flanger. I have no idea to bring back the "hardwarebrake" to the original position. Thats the prob...

Post subject: Skin Mash-up: T5v3 vs Dunks 1982Darkside PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:32 am 
Regular

So I did a bit of a mash-up between the T5v3 skin and the Dunks1982Darkside. Why? Because I have been using Dunks1982Darkside for a while, and I love it, but I needed a few changes to accomodate my Numark v7's (updated midi xml now available) so I looked around a bit for options. I really liked the colour scheme and features of the T5v3 skin, so I decided to put them together and added a few things also.

I'm not entirely happy with the way the effects panel looks, but it will have to wait until I figure out something better to do with it.

Big thanks to tintin for all the graphics in T5v3, truely a remarkable skin. If tintin signs off on it, I should be able to make it publicly available.

Attachment:
File comment: Screenshot
Screenshot - Copy.jpg
Screenshot - Copy.jpg [ 170.81 KiB | Viewed 12826 times ]

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:26 am 
Elite

Go for it mate! I just forgot to PM you back :oops:

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:38 pm 
Regular

hi tintin

wonder if you can assist.
i been playing with this equaliser dll which i now got to load but wish to add to your script a quick select like you have for the effects i have seen that you create an xml and you can use a lst file to load default settings

but how do i incorporate in to the skin itself as i cant see where a reference to where it loads or it associates itself with the skin was basing my script on your flanger.xml

your guidance is required oh masterfull skinny one !!!

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:49 pm 
Elite

It's in Main2.xml at about line 2139:
Code:
<OBJECT>
   <TYPE>Button</TYPE>
   <VALUE>CustomMenu</VALUE>
   <valuespecifier>effectselection0</valuespecifier>
   <POSITION><X>640</X><Y>397</Y><width>26</width><height>26</height></POSITION>   
   <LEFT-ACTION>default</LEFT-ACTION>
    <DRAWTYPE>0</DRAWTYPE>
   <ADDITIONALPIC_1><FILE>DOWN3</FILE></ADDITIONALPIC_1>
   <ADDITIONALPIC_2><FILE>DOWN1</FILE></ADDITIONALPIC_2>
   <ADDITIONALPIC_3><FILE>DOWN1</FILE></ADDITIONALPIC_3>
</OBJECT>

Same applies for deck 2: effectselection1.lst

Hope this helps.

Skin update is coming, but I'm working on my MIDI mapping for my VCI-100 MkII, which is higher up the list right now :wink: