[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - Denon Skin Updated

djDecks

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:06 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Denon Skin Updated PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:18 am 
Regular

Download from the DJDecks FAQ

Last edited by The Axledental DJ on Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:56 pm 
Regular

i think it looks great. very professional. id say get rid of the buttons that are unused, and maybe the denon logo, and then youve just got a badass looking familiar skin.

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:13 pm 
Regular

Looks good Ax. Let me try. :)

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:24 pm 
Regular

What you gonna try? I'm still waiting to catch you on MSN and to chat ideas....? :lol:
So, where's you Technics 1200 turntable skin? :roll:
Anyhoo, I've been doing some bmp skin tweakin and stuff on the above skin. Still don't know what to do with the big Jog Wheel and someof the other unused buttons.

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:58 pm 
Regular

I'm busy with school and finals. So I got to put off until this semester is done, then I'll work more on skins. Next time I'm on MSN I'll hit you up.

Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:35 am 
Regular

is the jog wheel not similar to the 'wheel' in the chiron skin? you can click to adjust pitch. if im correct, i know alot of the skins you guys work on are generally geared towards using turntables, but i don thtink it would hurt to leave the jog wheel and just leave it as an option for pitch nudging with the mouse. a skin like this would be very useful for a dj new to djdecks, since it is a familiar layout. i do really think this skin has alot goin for it, minus the denon logo ;].

Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:29 pm 
Regular

Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:16 pm 
Regular

Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:04 pm 
Regular

Like it. Can we get a copy??

Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:07 pm 
Regular

Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:17 pm 
Regular

Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:25 am 
Regular

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:38 am 
Regular

OK, I did some final tweaks today, the Denon skin is now available to download from the DJDecks FAQ here

I may be possible to add an opton to choose other Effects, but I would need Adions help. That way, just right mouse click over a button to choose the effects and then use the knobs to adjust the effects. Althouhg, this may still not work. :roll:

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:54 am 
Regular

just wanted to say i really dig this skin man. looks clean...works great...and the loop buttons are incoporated into each deck.

it looks super professional and i think a dj used to cd players could pick it up like cake.

all it needs now is some echo buttons ;]

personally, i like trying to make dj decks look unique rather than emulating older, differently designed gear, but i think this skin is REALLY nice and good for people who want a 'classic' interface.

props.

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:25 pm 
Regular

Thanks SOOOO much for the compliments. What I really love about DJDecks is that its easy to skin for it. Actually one of many thins I LOVE about DJDecks! :lol: This Denon like skin is my seconds attempt,the first time I did one like it, it didnt go so well, except for the cue and play buttons were a bit more lighted realistic. And that I did a rane MP2 mixer for the skin as well and he slider on it mov and looked like the real thing. VDJ, and Mixvibes has skins that look like Pioneer and Denon gear, so why no DJDecks. Just wait til you see the next skin that my webmaster is doing!!! You'll all gonan flip when you see it!! Sorry, can't give ya any hints to what theme its based off of.Oops, I've said too much! 8)
I WILL try to add echo effects to my Denon skin later this week or next week, if I get ahold of Adion's help to implement it.

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:43 pm 
Regular

the first idea that came to my mind was to have just another rox of buttons below whats already there. it would mean shortenin the playlist down a bit, but i think it would work well there. also, my idea for that meant that you could then extend the pitch slider so you could click and rag a bit more precisely.

if i ever get a chance to try the skinning i will try it myself, but if you dont have many ideas, there you go. and that should work with the current setup, no? im assuming if loop buttons work, and you can implement flange directly into the deck, echo buttons would too. of course a nice slider or knob for the source, hp, and depth help too, but yea now that is getting bulky.

i gotta a sickness, and the only cure is MORE ECHO

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:48 pm 
djDecks

Adding echo shouldn't be too difficult.
If you want the idea of re-using the same knobs, the best way is to use tabs.

I have just added a section about using tabs to the skinning documentation to make it a bit easier.

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:22 pm 
Regular

Nice skin..

One thing I noticed is that the pitch value should (IMO) be right justified, it's centered now and jumps around as the value changes. I'm not shure this is skinnable, but it should (again IMO) right justify (by default) for a better look..

on the same note I believe the BPM value is (always) displayed with one decimal, so it should move one character to the right. But also in this case IMO it should right justify by default..

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:05 am 
Regular

The font you'r using seems to have a problem with special characters like ' and & ...

That should be Bustin' Loose

Same goes for &

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:03 am 
Regular

Well, I've tried a bunch of tweaks to use tabs or presets and to see if teh knobs will rotate smoother using drawmethod 2, and nothin works right for me!