[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - djDecks as a VST plugin

djDecks

It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:08 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: djDecks as a VST plugin PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:08 pm 
djDecks

I know some of you are interested in being able to use the vinyl control and scratching of your own vocals and beats of djDecks in other applications such as Cubase.

Therefore I have started working on a djDecks Vinyl Control vst plug-in that will take any timecode supported by djDecks as input, and will output a scratched music file which can be selected from the plugin.

The problem is that I have just started investigating the possibilities of VST instruments, and thus I am not sure about what exactly you would like to be able to do with it.

Some problems that I see with VST plugins at the moment are:
-The parameters can not be used as automation for other parameters in the host application (at least not in Fruity Loops, which is the only vst host program that I own)
-Parameters can only be floating point numbers, thus having the host remember which mp3/wav file has been loaded in the plugin seems not possible

Any suggestions about this vst plugin are welcome, and links to other vst's that have some of the behaviour that I am looking for are also welcome.

I'll keep you informed on how this progresses.

Update November 7, 2006
The second beta (v0.52) of the djDecks vst plugin is now available for download for registered djDecks users.
You can get it from http://www.djdecks.be/register/djdecksvst.php

To use SSL vinyls, the ssl_binary.dat file has to be downloaded from the . After it is installed, copy ssl_binary.dat from your djDecks directory to c:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins
The same goes for virtualdj_binary.dat and finalscratch_binary.dat, depending on which record type you want to use.

After that, load the vst in your favourite vst host, and make sure that channel receives it's input from your turntables/cd players with timecode.
Move the load file parameter from the vst plugin to a value > 0.9 to show the load file dialog and select a file.
Tested in djDecks and Fruity Loops 6.

Last edited by Adion on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:26 pm 
Elite

let's see..in ableton live 4 (you can download the demo from their website http://www.ableton.com) you can save sample-paths in the simpler and impulse plugins.... although these aren't VSTi plugins, but native to the host it seems to me that the same should be possible in other programs that use samples? You just store all the settings of a "program" into a preset and save this to the harddisk, load the preset back and all the settings are loaded, including the path to mp3's... afaik all programs that use samples work this way (f.e. dr008, battery, kontakt etc.) to me it seems that the format of the program-files has nothing to do with a VST standard?

furthermore: although the idea of djdecks as a VSTi is a very nice one, i would be more interested in djdecks as a host for VSTplugins to use as effects

Olaf

Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:49 pm 
djDecks

djDecks as a vst host is the second step (well maybe I'll work on it simultaneously), but creating a vst plug-in is a good excercise to know more about how vst plugins work and how they should be supported by a host.

It does depend on the system used that things such as path names can be stored or not.
Altough it would be possible to create a custom preset system within a vst plugin, it would still be difficult to have the host automatically store which preset was loaded in the current project.

I suppose something like this must be possible though, so I'll look a bit further.

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:27 am 
Regular

I'm interested in using vst effects with djdecks....

I was thinking that intergrating rewire into djdecks would be good, But i remember hearing that it wouldn't work... is this why?

"There are no costs involved. Propellerhead Software will administer the authorization, copyrights, logos and trademarks. The company will also provide the licensee with technical support, free of charge.
Due to the legal aspects of the agreement you need to have a proper, registered company in order to qualify as a ReWire developer. We do not allow private persons, schools or companies in other types of businesses to become licensors."

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:45 am 
Elite

personally i wouldn't miss a storing of MP3's in presets....the way i would use djdecks as a VSTi would simply be to load it in the host, drag&drop an MP3 into it, and scratch it...nothing more, nothing less...

Olaf

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:42 am 
Regular

what about a simplified vsti which relays the output of djdecks and the vsti host.. so you can scratch/mix whatever is going on in the host program and/or have it sent back and have it effected with vst's

Post subject: Re: djDecks as a VST plugin PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:42 am 
Regular

Post subject: Re: djDecks as a VST plugin PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:59 am 
Elite

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:36 pm 
Regular

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:01 pm 
Regular

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:31 am 
Regular

Notebook Hp pavilion Dv6645us Turion X2 1.9
technics 1200 mkII, numark tt200
shure 44-7 cartridges
Stanton sk2f
mixvibes vinyls
m audio conectiv torq
torq vinyls

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:36 pm 
a vst plugin would be great, i just spent last evening scratching my head how i would record scratching to VST. Just one thing springs to mind though. I would of course prefer to use my mixer's x-fade for the cutting due to the control and fact that im used to it. That would involve piping the sound out and then back in again so maybe it would be worth working on re-wire or at least able to surrender audio ports from a multi I/O soundcard to cubase?

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:54 pm 
djDecks

Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:26 pm 

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:10 am 
Regular

Notebook Hp pavilion Dv6645us Turion X2 1.9
technics 1200 mkII, numark tt200
shure 44-7 cartridges
Stanton sk2f
mixvibes vinyls
m audio conectiv torq
torq vinyls

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:57 am 
djDecks

Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:14 pm 
Regular

I'm curious how the skinning will work for the vst plugin.

Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:59 am 
Regular

What if the VSTi plugin passed midi automation values that corresponded with the movement of the vinyl?

Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:31 pm 

Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:45 pm 
Regular