[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!!

djDecks

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:46 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:37 am 
Elite

Here's my latest skin:

A mixer panel, vinyl options panel, and basic video mixer panel (for djDecks DX) are now included along with mix now options. I have added an effects section along with the sampler. I've also updated a lot of the graphics, which should mean a better result with the DX version than experienced using previous builds.

Enjoy! :D

Screenshots:

Getting started
Drag and drop as normal anywhere onto either player. Use the waveforms buttons (to the left of the big waveforms display) to show the waveforms in different formats. You can right click the 'match' button to snap to beat as well as match the BPM. Deck startup speed and pitch brake can be adjusted using the green and red circular arrow buttons respectively.

Loops, Cues, and Beat Step panels
The three buttons located opposite play/cue/sync on each player are for 'Loops', 'Cuepoints' and 'Beat Step' panels. The 'Loop' section is fairly self explanatory. For the 'Cues' section, click on a cue point to set a new point or play a current one. The 'X' will delete the relevant cue point. You can scroll through 2 pages of cue points using the arrows to the right of the bank. For the 'Beat Step' section, clicking on a button will advance or recede the number of beats shown on the button, relative to which arrow that button is underneath.
Note: if you click on any of the 'Loops'/'Cues'/'Beat Step' functions while using 'Absolute' vinyl control, djDecks will switch to relative control automatically :D

Sampler
Drag and drop files onto the desired sample slot to load them in. There are a total of 6 sample slots which can be accessed by using the arrow button. The sample volume knob sets the volume level for every channel, so if you have more than one channel open you will need to adjust the volume accordingly. You can play the sample from the start by clicking on the sample number to the right of the sample and also, pause/play the sample using the play button.

Effects (New!)
Click on 'Effects' to the left of the large waveforms to reveal the Effects panel. Buttons and parameter knobs should be fairly intuitive; where available, click on the 'Beats' button to show a list of beats over which the effect will phase. Use the down arrows towards the centre to select a different effect or VST.

Mixer Panel (New!)
This contains traditional faders and EQ knobs. There is also a button for fader speed, and if you click the button to the right of the three 'mixnow' buttons will reveal a panel to adjust the cross fader curve. Clicking this button again will return you to the 'mixnow' buttons.

Video Mixer Panel (New!)
This can be used with djDecks DX.

Vinyl/Timecode Control Panel (Updated)
On/Off buttons for each deck are located towards the centre of the panel. I think most of the other buttons are fairly clear. The circular VU meters are for time code signal quality. Click on the TCV type display (below the on/off button) to switch between 'Absolute'/Relative' modes. Line in can be activated by clicking the RCA plug for each deck. This panel also now contains a record feature and 'Instant Doubles'.

Have a play around with things on the skin and see how you get on. Some buttons have left and right click functions so get clicking!!

Please report any bugs, and, as always, I'd love some feedback.

Enjoy,
tintin :D

:arrow: This skin is my property. I'm sharing it here for your personal use and it may not be sold/distributed without my prior permission. :D

Last edited by Tintin on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:57 pm 
Regular

Hi Tintin,

stunning as always :-)

May I ask a thing?

I see that you don't use any buttons on the interface for the various pre-listen activities for songs in the browser window (or PL). How do you do with pre-listen? I haven't found the keyboard shortcuts you are using and I've been using the relevant buttons for prelisten a lot in other skins.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:16 pm 
Elite

Hi Wolfgang, glad you like the updates to T5!

You can pre-fade listen by loading a song into a deck and using the headphones button and the volume/mix knobs above them in the mixer panel (with the crossfader set to the other deck). There are no visuals for the pre listen function in the browser/playlist with this skin.

To create a keyboard shortcut, for use in the browser/playlist, go to Setup, then:
Options>Keyboard
Look for pl_previewtrack in the 'sub command' list, and assign it to the key combination of your choice, and I think you should get what you want. Also try using pl_previewtrack_ff and pl_previewtrack_rew :D

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:55 pm 
Regular

Thanks Tintin!

Will have a look at it right away!

And by the way: Upon mousedoubleclick, DJD DX now seems to load tracks into the stopped deck and not into the playlist anymore. I guess that is DJD DX specific and not specific to your skin, right?

Oh, does that V3 also work with the standard DJD 0.98 pr 0.99? Just checked and it seems to.

Kind Regards

Wolfgang

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:01 am 
Elite

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:18 am 
Regular

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:14 am 
Elite

I cannot recreate this issue here. I would be very surprised if this is a skin issue, as the skin itself does not have any effect on how autoplay functions. Maybe a bug to report on the djDecksDX thread? :idea:

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:29 am 
Regular

Maybe..

I'll try to recreate it and make a proper report if it's true.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:09 am 
Regular

So far I could not reproduce it.. ==> no issue. If anything, I will continue/raise this in the proper subforum.

Regards

Wolfgang

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:05 pm 
Regular

I LOVE this skin. I love it so much I think you and Adion should consider packaging it with djDecks by default..but that's just me..

I'm not seeing the limiter indicators. I can see the XML for them, and I've tried shifting the VU meter down by 10px, but I don't get the red indicators. Attached is a screenshot with djDecks way into the red. Am I missing something?

Attachments:
screenshot.png
screenshot.png [ 146.19 KiB | Viewed 40218 times ]
 Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:26 pm 
Regular

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:03 pm 
Regular

The Browser button is BRILLIANT!

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:07 pm 
Regular

Found a tricky bug - if you turn the brake speed up then use the backspin then start opposite track, the previous track isn't stopped in time. I guess the script assumes the backspin takes 2 secs (or whatever) and waits that long until stopping the track. When the brake speed is sped up, that 2 seconds is too long.

To repeat, turn the brake speed up on deck 0, then use the backspin transition button while deck 0 is playing. The track backspins, then starts playing for a few beats before stopping.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:24 pm 
Elite

couldn't call that a bug.. since you decide whether to leave the players volume up or not yourself, right...
if you set it that long, you should expect it to be that long... or did you mean 2seconds is the shortest spinback?
also, not even sure of brake speed & spin back are related.. never tried changing the brake speed to see if it would have any effect on the spin back...
it's supposed to be for the brake effect...

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:14 pm 
Regular

Sorry - I forgot to say I'm not bothered by the issue, I was just raising it in case it was of interest.

I just spotted the record functionality on the vinyl tab. My life is complete.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:32 pm 
Regular

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:06 pm 
djDecks

In djd DX the limiter is always enabled at the moment, so you'll probably never get real clipping.

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:24 am 

i also think djdecks needs a default skin like this. looks very good.

@Tintin: can you take a look at viewtopic.php?p=37337#p37337 and update the skin to solve it?

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:14 am 
Elite

Post subject: Re: RELEASE: T5v3 (1336x768) - Lots of new stuff!! PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:42 pm