[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
djDecks • View topic - VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem

djDecks

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:42 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:03 am 
Regular

Vestax VCI-100mkII uses some extra bytes to add accuracy of the faders.
djDecks supports this with <bytes_low>

Now here is the problem: djDecks expects 00-7F, but the low bytes of the VCI-100 are only 00, 20, 40 and 60.
Result: Fader never reaches its maximum position, because djDecks is expecting that to be 7F.

Is there a workaround or could you perhaps think of something Adion?

Other thing: I experience the same as ; there appears to be some fader lag...is there anything to do about this?

Post subject: Re: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:57 pm 
djDecks

I think you can use <scale>.
If it indeed ends up at 7F for high and 60 for low, then I think if I calculated correctly you would need a scale factor of 1.00598765

I'm not sure where the lag could come from though...

Post subject: Re: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:12 pm 
Regular

Adion thank you.

It looks like <scale> is not working when both <bytes> and <bytes_low> are present.

Both the linefaders, pitchfader and the crossfader are affected.
So when <bytes_low> is not present, scale is working, but not correct for the crossfader. It starts scaling from the left instead of the center.

Post subject: Re: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:51 pm 
Elite

Watching this to see if you get the fader lag issue resolved :D

Post subject: Re: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:01 pm 
Regular

Actually I did.
I was using the onboard soundcard (non-ASIO) because it is simple and quick to use. When I selected the soundcard of the VCI (ASIO + minimal buffer), the problem was solved. I think it's a bit strange because ASIO and MIDI shouldn't be related, and I suppose you already are using an ASIO setup. If not give it a try, and if yes, try the VCI ASIO sound device.

Post subject: Re: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:33 am 
Elite

Post subject: Re: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:41 pm 
Regular

For me this is working:

Have you tried a minimal setup, and/or an other computer?

Post subject: Re: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:00 pm 
Elite

That's exactly the setup I was using, but it is about 4 months since I used the VCI for a gig as I've done an install where I am now with my Denon unit. Last time I used it the lag issue was stiil there. I just can't do sharp cuts precisely enough, so end up mixing in a slightly different style to how I would normally. I'm confused as to why you're having no issues with this yet I am :?

I'm thinking (again - lol!) about buying a MacBook, so maybe I'll have a go again when that happens...probably October/November time when I get back to the UK.

EDIT: and my laptop only runs djDecks and is optimized for Audio

Post subject: Re: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:10 pm 
Regular

Really strange indeed.
You mean a delay before the fader (and ofcourse the sound) on screen/djDecks are at the position they are at the controller, when talking about lag right?

Post subject: Re: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:53 pm 
Elite

Post subject: Re: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:20 pm 
Regular

That's what I had. Also a delay on screen?

Post subject: Re: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:05 pm 
Elite

As far as I remember there was no delay on screen, but it is a little while since I used it.

Post subject: Re: VCI versus djDecks fader bytes_low problem PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:09 pm 
Regular

Ok, sound like pure ASIO problem then. Because I did have visual delays, which is really strange of course.

What happens when you disable all VCI related devices in the device manager. The device should still continue to work in ASIO mode in djDecks because (as far as I know) ASIO works around Windows.